Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thorn Is To Lion As Needle Is To Pony. An Analogy In Real Life.



The Pony put a foot wrong! Not so much put a foot wrong, as put a foot in the wrong place.

We stopped by my mom’s house to visit after school, what with her being a shut-in for a while, unable to drive for six months. I took her some pita pockets and grilled chicken (to make a sandwich with SLAW), and some chocolate chocolate chip cookies (with fiber), and some cranberry juice in individual bottles, and a mini pecan pie.

It happened in the midst of Mom coming upstairs to the kitchen to ready her evening meal. Even though I offered to bring it down to her recliner, she insisted on getting back in the swing of things, and wanted to do it herself.

The Pony was running up those eight carpeted stairs to get some items from Mom’s fridge that needed tossing. In his sock feet. The Pony purely despises being shod, and throws a shoe as soon as he hits carpet. Halfway up the steps, he pulled up lame.

“Oww! There’s something in my foot!” He sat down and peeled off his sock. “It’s a needle! A broken-off needle!”

Since Mom is neither a heroin addict nor a diabetic, I assumed it was a regular sewing needle. Not hollow. It might even have been some kind of staple or nail used to fasten down stair carpeting. Anyhoo…I was just glad it wasn’t in Mom’s foot. And that The Pony seemed like he would have a short recovery period. I’m pretty sure he got a tetanus booster last year. That’s who mainly occupy the County Health Center on vaccination days. High school sophomores, and infants 2, 4, and 6 months old. I put some triple antibiotic ointment on his instep after dabbing away the blood. This morning he reported that it did not hurt.

I can rest assured that if I am ever throw into an arena with The Pony, he will not eat me.

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--I think that was an incredible sacrifice The Pony made for his grandmother. He got the needle stuck in his foot so your mother wouldn't have to.

Now, the only thing to wonder about is this: did he do it because of the great love he has for his mother or for the great love he has for her high-speed internet?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
The Pony loves his grandma...but he loves her high-speed internet almost as much. She only kept it for him, you know. She gave Charter the boot, except for the internet.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I meant "your mother." Thanks for not hitting me with a wet noodle over the typo.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I knew what you meant. Because I'm psychic like that.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Ouch!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Next time we need to find a needle in a haystack, we're pulling off The Pony's shoes and sending him in.