Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Those Sheep Up On The Corner Had Better Not Start Jumping Over Fences When I Drive By

Oh, dear. What a day this has been. It doesn't help that I am working on three-point-five hours sleep. Because, you see, I was sure school would be canceled again. EVERYBODY canceled. One school called off before 4:00 p.m. So as the others in our area began to trickle in, I of course assumed that I would get THE CALL.

I finally gave up hope at 6:00 a.m. Only four of us schools were in attendance today. Unlike the nine or so others who called off. One of my students said, "I finally gave up hope the minute I walked through the doors and saw everybody here."

The fool dogs barked their heads off from 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Not conducive to sleep. Nor is adding numbers the old-fashioned way and writing out three tax bills and two lake association payments before retiring to my boudoir to be whacked black-and-blue by Farmer H.

Ho hum. I am exhausted. I had to rush to the credit union after school to put in The Pony's college savings, what with that place daring to be closed on Bill-Paying Friday. From there it was out to Mom's house to stuff two weeks worth of tabloids in her neighbor's mailbox so he can read them while she's away.

"But Mom...won't I get in trouble for putting something else besides legal mail in the U.S. Postal Service's property? I think there's a statute about that."

"Well...nobody is going to know it was YOU!"

Huh. For somebody with her brain on the blink right now, she's a feisty old gal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your mom is enjoying her stay in the hospital. She's sucking up that yummy hospital food, she's enjoying those complimentary cheap-a** socks they give you, and she's trying to figure out how to get another one of those jumbo water cups with the lids out of the deal.

There's nothing wrong with your mom. Go to that medical institution and drag her rear end home--as soon as possible.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Hey! Can I call you Mr. Madam?

Mom is now down south at the crossroads of 55 and 67. She has to call the kitchen and order her own meals, and was subjected to a 2-hour workout this afternoon.

Tonight she's planning on watching the 2-hour Survivor, but I'm afraid she might nod off after her big day.

I'm exhausted just thinking about all of her phone calls and visitors. Farmer H is having supper with her tomorrow night before his bowling league. She'd better stay out of the alley.