Sunday, July 29, 2018

A New Sucker At The Devil's Playground

It's a time-consuming job, you know, to keep the blogworld updated on new snack discoveries at The Devil's Playground. But somebody's gotta do it, and Mrs. Hillbilly Mom pledges to leave no new snack untasted. Because she's selfless like that.

I bought a bag of Tootsie Pops the other day, and upon closer inspection at consumption time, noticed a new notice on the bag.


No, not the PEANUT FREE part. Who ever thought there might be deadly peanuts in a Tootsie Pop? Not this ol' gal, that's for sure. But look right above that peanut notice, at the WATCH FOR NEW FLAVORS command.

I'll admit that I picked through three bags to find the one with the most red suckers showing through the window. I had no idea there might be new flavors, or I might have shaken those Tootsies to see which bag had new ones!

Let the record show that my bag DID contain two new flavors. Only one of each. Because most of my Tootsies were red. But I found this one right on top when I opened the end of the bag.


It caught my eye because of the orange color. I haven't seen an orange Tootsie Pop in about a decade. Okay. It's been about a decade since I bought anything Tootsie. Seems like the last thing might have been one of those big bags at Halloween, with assorted Tootsie treats, to keep in my classroom cabinet for the boys when they waited for me after school. There might have been an orange Tootsie Pop in there. If so, I guarantee you that I hid it for myself! And just now, research showed me that you can buy A WHOLE BAG of orange Tootsie Pops online!

Anyhoo...I grabbed this one, and put on my glasses, and saw that it was pomegranate. Meh. It was okay. Nothing special.

Since I had success finding THAT new flavor, I shook out all my Tootsies, and found another!


I tried it last night, and deemed it okay, though not as good as the pomegranate. I think I'll stick with my cherry Tootsies.

Maybe these don't seem like new flavors to you, if you're a regular Tootsie Pop consumer. But I'm used to the originals, which I remember as Cherry, Chocolate, Orange, Grape, and Raspberry. I was never very fond of the grape, and detested the raspberry, because it impersonated my favorite, cherry.

So there you have it. A new snack review for you, and a stockpile of cherry Tootsie Pops for me.

4 comments:

River said...

I never buy those things, by which I mean I never buy whatever the Australian equivalent here. Years ago, I'd but the occasional choc-vanilla chup-a-chup which we all called Kojak lollies and I don't know when or why I stopped.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I guess I was feeling nostalgic when I bought them. I still have a stockpile of the Gourmet Lollipops to fall back on.

Anonymous said...

How many licks does it take you to get to the center?

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
I don't count them, but one lasts between 30-40 minutes if I don't crunch it early. Depends how exciting my TV show is, I guess, whether I devote more time to the screen, or the Pop. A Gourmet Lollipop lasts about an hour.

According to my research, different studies reveal different amounts of licks to the center! I guess it depends on the licker.