Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Did I Tell You I Was Noshin' On A Treat Made Just For Me?

Yes, I stole that title. Since I'm pretty sure you're not all fans of 1980s country music, here's the song I stole it from. "The Bed You Made For Me," by Highway 101. It has a line: "Did you tell her she was sleepin' in the bed you made for me?"

I would have done a whole song parody. Because, you know, I have nothing better to do, and I like that sort of thing (stealing from other artists). However...I didn't think you would recognize it, which kind of defeats the purpose. We wouldn't want me wasting my unlimited time.

Anyhoo...did I tell you I was noshin' on a treat made just for me? Because I was, Sunday night/early Monday morning, shortly after 1:00 a.m.


Can you believe this ambrosia? BIRTHDAY CAKE cotton candy!!! You might recall that I am a birthday cake flavor aficionado. In fact, I went without my daily individual cup of birthday cake ice cream, just to I could have this treat as my nightly sweet. That's the thing about cotton candy, though. You have to eat it all at once, because I've tried saving part of it, only to find it shrunken down like beef jerky the next day, the air gone out of it, the humidity making it tough, even in a sealed ziplock bag. Not a big deal, though, because the whole bag says it's one serving, at 230 calories.

Once I opened the bag, I saw that my birthday cake cotton candy was two hues.


It was actually fluffier and prettier than it looks in that picture. I guess a hunk of cotton candy doesn't photograph well.

Sadly, it was not the taste treat I had anticipated. Oh, it was good enough. As long as I reminded myself that it was BIRTHDAY CAKE flavor, I could taste those notes. It's nothing to write home about, but good enough for a blog post.

I bought two bags, because it was at Save A Lot, and those special displays don't last long, and are rarely seen again. However...I don't think I'll look for any more. In fact, tonight I'm planning on my old standby, the individual cup of ice cream. I'll get around to eating my other bag of cotton candy soon enough.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I cannot remember how many decades it's been since I had cotton candy. Watching it get spun brings back great memories.

What kinds of things--other than cake--come in birthday cake flavor?

River said...

I used to love cotton candy, which we call fairy floss, don't ask me why, I have no idea, but I used to love the way I could stuff my mouth full and it would just melt away to nothing. I got over that though and now I don't like it at all. Last year my daughter bought a large bucket of rainbow coloured cotton candy, mostly pink, blue and yellow with a thin layer of purple at the bottom, no green or orange, it took her ages to eat and I think about a third got thrown away. she still has the bucket and keeps her clothesline pegs in it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I see stuff all the time, but now I can't remember. Let's see...there's my ICE CREAM. And OREOS, which I haven't tried. And VODKA, which I won't try. There were some Little Debbie snack cakes, but since they're already CAKE, I don't know why they bothered. It's not like that makes it unique."

SWEET GUMMI MARY! I just googled "birthday cake flavored foods," and looked at the images. I FEEL FAINT!

***
River,
I still haven't opened the second bag. It seemed so SWEET. I forgot that I used to buy cotton candy in a plastic quart container, like my Hot and Sour take-out soup comes in. It would stay relatively fresh for a couple of days before succumbing to the humidity.