Friday, July 27, 2018

If Only I Could Recreate This At Halloween

I saw him through the garage people-door as I parked T-Hoe. Catching a picture of Stockings is a stealth operation. He does not take kindly to photos. I knew the minute I opened up that door, he'd be off, nose out of joint, tail twitching, around the corner of the porch.

Lucky for me, my black cat was distracted by the arrival of Farmer H, and the barking of the dogs. Apparently, it's better to be an audience for a 3-ring circus than to perform in one. Farmer H was in my way at the people-door, and as we did that awkward dance step to see who was going which way, I managed to push the door back, and zoom in for this sight. 


I was able to creep three steps across the brick sidewalk, while Jack and Copper Jack muzzle-wrestled, and Juno barked her fool head off.


Stockings was not amused. He looks like the 3-ring circus ran out of cotton candy, the ringmaster is not to his liking, and he's imminently headed to the ticket booth for a refund.

The good thing about being a fat, anti-social cat with a hoarder human is that you can choose any apartment you want in the cat condominium on the porch.

3 comments:

River said...

His face says it all. "okay, you caught me. But it's never gonna happen again"
He is a handsome cat though.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

He does not look amused. My old cat, Gremlin had that haughty attitude and looked on the members of his household as inferior beings.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, he's a looker! He's never been very sociable. When younger, he took off like a rocket every time we got near. We picked him up as a kitten down by the mailboxes, where somebody had dumped four kittens.

Kathy,
This guy is just using us for food. Mass quantities of food.