Tuesday, July 31, 2018

I Was FRAMED, I Tells Ya!

Remember this guy?


He's still a little grumpy. I know how he feels.

Those chairs have been sitting on the porch since before The Pony left for college! I'm pretty sure. And Farmer H just HAD to have them, after seeing them at the end of somebody's driveway BACK WHEN HE STILL DROVE TO WORK. Uh huh.

They were nice chairs, before they sat on the porch for two years, in the weather, having cat butts on them. And that frame is for my best ol' ex-teaching buddy Mabel, who is on the lookout for such things, and probably would not like her future household accoutrements marking time on a porch, available as a scratching post.

Farmer H must be a REVERSE hoarder. He stockpiles stuff on the OUTSIDE of his house. Pretty soon, we won't be able to get in and out.

I think maybe Stockings has given up.


I know how THAT feels, too.

4 comments:

River said...

The chairs are very nice, a little sanding and polishing, new seat covers in deep blue leather...The frame is too big for my liking, maybe Mabel should come and pick it up before it gets weathered.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I liked the style of the chairs, but they ARE getting weathered. And catted.

Mabel wanted frames in all sizes, and will no doubt spiff it up with some gold paint. It fits her theme of "New Orleans Bordello" that she has in a game room. She's a big fan of New Orleans, and used to visit every year.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Farmer H could find a smaller frame for the cat!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Heh, heh! I'm pretty sure that would be the first AND last time this cat needed anything "smaller" to fit his large girth.