Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Feeding The Beast Of Burden

The Pony had four days off in a row, considering his regular Sunday off, the Monday holiday, his usual day off of Tuesday, and a doctor appointment scheduled for Wednesday. He did, however volunteer to work if needed. He would get overtime, or could instead swap that for future time off. Not sure about the other days, but on Tuesday, The Pony worked until 1:00. Then he went shopping.

"Woooo just finished helping out today as much as I was willing to. Time for a store trip, for steaks! Look at these beauties!"


From the looks of the cart, I would have predicted steak, salad, and garlic bread. But no...


"I got over ambitious and overdid my steak!"

"That's good. Even though it's not walking off the plate. No garlic bread?"

"I'm low on garlic because the store hasn't had the giant jars. Just the small glass ones that are a ripoff pricewise." 

Lucky for The Pony, I found one of those big jars in my pantry. Farmer H will drop it off on Wednesday when he goes to eat lunch at the Senior Center. Looks like The Pony will have some stove-cleaning to do after he finishes strapping on the old feedbag.


Eating in front of the new computer, on a call with his Bestie from college, and another friend, listening to a musical from a composer The Pony knows loosely.

I'd say The Pony is enjoying his little holiday.

4 comments:

River said...

Those are fine looking steaks! I'm glad you have a spare jar of crushed garlic available for him. "no-one" and the boys buy those big jars too. I had one but don't seem to use as much so I transferred half to an old cleaned jam jar and gave the rest to "no-one". The Pony's pasta looks great too.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony likes garlic almost as much as butter! It takes me a long time to use one of those big jars without The Pony living with us. He deserves it. Next time I see the big jars again, I'll get three, and give two to The Pony. You never know when Country Mart will have them. I haven's seen them anywhere else, but I think The Pony said he would look at the Devil's Playground. So I saved him a trip. And money.

I'm not a pasta fan, but it does look pretty good. I think that's the stuffed kind like I used to get in the deli section of the Devil's Playground. One thing's for sure: The Pony isn't starving!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I used to buy those restaurant sized staples when I was feeding a family of seven. Now, though, I buy the smaller sizes, since you end up tossing most of the economy purchases!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I still buy the big family pack of hamburger, but freeze parts of it for later meals, like chili or tacos.