Monday, October 23, 2023

Genius Makes An Upgrade

Genius made a change in his fancy-schmancy Pittsburgh apartment on Sunday.

"Replacing our old Ikea storage unit with three big bookshelves today."


That's the old one. Make note. Because Farmer H and I both had to look twice to tell the difference.


That's the new one. Taller, wider, with drawers at the bottom.

"Impressive. No earthquakes there, I hope! Nor climbing toddlers. Or it needs anchoring."

"No climbing toddlers haha. I am not inclined to start climbing it myself."

Of course Farmer H had his own opinion.

"Looks nice. If I was there I would take the old one for my storage locker."

"Thankfully one of our friends down the road has a perfect spot for it so no hassle getting rid of the old one."

Poor Farmer H. Cheated out of a cast-off. What a bargain that would have been for him!

4 comments:

River said...

I like the new set, the drawers down the bottom will be handy for things you don't want on show. I wonder if "our" Ikea has these? Not that I have anywhere to put them.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Genius referred to the previous version as "our old Ikea storage unit," but didn't mention anything about the new bookshelves. So I'm not sure if the new ones came from Ikea. Apartment living requires such fixtures to store things, and I'm sure those drawers will come in handy.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Like Farmer H I was thinking I would like the old unit for my She Shed! The new set will hold more and look tidier, with the drawers at the bottom.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, but they look so similar I had to do a triple-take. Like one of those "what is different" puzzles.