Monday, October 16, 2023

Lucy's Back At The Pony's House, And She's Still Juicy

The Pony asked me if hamburger was still good on the day after the sell-by date. I told him the color would fade, but as long as it didn't smell rancid, he could cook it. So on Sunday, he sent me a picture:


"PAses my smell twst"

Which translates as 'passes my smell test' after a few sips of rum.

"Looks okay. Can't smell it from here."

"It's so cold ad I season!!"

Translation: 'it's so cold and I season it'.

"That's a lot to cook for one day. Probably last another day cooked."

"Bit under a pound. And yeah whatever I don't make into burgers this meal gets fridged with foil for tonight. Got enough for two juicy lucys now and two single patties tonight."


"By the grace of all the gods, this is amazing!"


Good to know that The Pony is getting the hang of ADULTING. Even if he does need some advice every now and then.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

He is already so far ahead of HeWho! Today is bad, had to take the meclizine to be able to put a meal together. We ate early and HeWho dutifully scraped his plate. then set it on the counter next to the sink full of diashwater that I was using as I cooked. I had already put my plate in the water, but it struck a nerve and I told him the dishwater was for washing dishes and he could at least do that. He washed HIS PLATE. That's all, just his. Am I impressed? I had some choice words to say as he sat on his butt in front of the TV. Says he didn't know there were other dishes!!

River said...

I'm glad the juicy lucys turned out okay. I wouldn't have eaten meat that colour, I'm too old to take chances.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Can't say I'm surprised! Farmer H has done such things for JUST HIMSELF on many occasions. Saying, "I didn't know you wanted any," when he has cooked himself bacon and eggs once or twice a year. When of course he leaves the dirty dishes for ME.

***
River,
I don't think that color looks bad at all. The bright pink of the hamburger will start to fade as it gets closer to the sell-by date.