Tuesday, October 17, 2023

If Looks Could Kill, Mrs. HM Would Be Under Arrest And Awaiting Trial

People don't know how to drive anymore! And they don't know how to PARK, either!

When I came out of Orb K on Monday, some clueless dude had pulled his large SUV up to the sidewalk so close that I swear half his front tires were on the curb. The bumper stuck so far over the edge of the sidewalk that I could barely get past the support pole holding up the roof over the front doors. I had to SIDLE! I made sure to glare in the direction of the windshield. It was tinted, so I didn't get the satisfaction of seeing what kind of creature would park like that.

Good thing I could squeeze through. I can't step off the curb without a handrail. I would have needed to wait until that dude left. As it was, I sidled my way to the ramp where I descended to get into T-Hoe. A teenage girl sidled her way out, and got into the passenger door of that SUV. 

Seriously, people. It's common sense. You don't have to ram your tires up against the sidewalk to park. It's okay to not put the front end of your car over the sidewalk. Orb K has a large parking lot. It's not like the car's rear bumper will be in the way of anything if an extra foot of space is allowed for the sidewalk to be clear.

2 comments:

River said...

The trouble is, sidewalks were cemented in place long before cars got so damn big and the bumpers too. Or maybe the driver can't see where to stop so he waits until he feels the tyres bump against the sidewalk?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He could see how close the front of his vehicle was to that post! He must have been wearing a seatbelt, or running into that sidewalk might have catapulted him through the windshield. If he was just creeping slowing, his tires wouldn't have been so tight up on the curb that they were squished.