Sunday, June 5, 2022

"I Can't Believe He Did That!" Said Nobody. Ever.

You might as well buy stock in dog houses! Farmer H is going to need lodging.

Friday night, we decided to have Domino's Pizza for the first time since The Pony moved out. Which meant I was no longer relying on The Pony to order on his phone app, but had to go back to doing it myself online. It's not that hard, it just takes a long time because the page loads so slow.

We wanted thin-crust pizza, and cheesey breadsticks. Same thing we have when The Pony orders. Just like The Pony, I ordered those little packets of sauce. They cost extra, you know! Farmer H never used to use the sauces. Until he took them without being offered, throwing off the order. Yes. He has been chastised more than once for taking somebody else's stuff...

In the past, Farmer H has nabbed the marinara sauce for his breadsticks. So I knew to order extra. We planned on eating this meal Friday and Saturday. I got 4 of the marinara sauce, and 2 of the garlic dipping sauce, which The Pony and I like, but Farmer H had never bothered to steal.

Farmer H picked up the food before he came home from meeting a guy at his Storage Unit Store. I had already ordered and paid for it. When he carried it in and set it on the cutting block, I said,

"You get two of the marinara sauce. One for tonight, and one for tomorrow."

He said okay, and went off to take his medicine before plating his food and taking it to the living room. I was finishing a scratcher. Then I put my pizza in the oven to make it extra-crispy. As I was gathering my breadsticks and sauce, I noticed WITH HORROR that there were 4 marinara sauces, and 1 garlic dipping sauce on the cutting block.

"Did you take a garlic sauce?"

"Yeah."

"That was not for you! I TOLD you that you had two marinara sauces. That's what you always use. Now you took a garlic sauce."

"It don't matter."

"Yes it DOES! Now I don't have my garlic sauce for both nights!"

"Oh. I thought it was for me."

"No. That's why I said you had TWO MARINARA SAUCES."

"Huh."

"I'm taking your other marinara sauce! AND I'm hiding the garlic sauce so I can have it tomorrow."

"It's OUR sauce, HM."

"No. I would have ordered it for you if I thought you were going to eat it!"

I'll let you in on a little secret. There was a garlic dipping sauce left from two months ago when The Pony was still here. The date on it said August 2022. So I took that for myself, and hid the recent one for myself the next night. So with the leftover, I didn't really miss out on anything, PLUS I garnered an extra marinara sauce for myself. It's not like they're large. Just little plastic cups the size of dairy creamer.

Still. This little act by Farmer H was borderline unforgivable...

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It's the sauce for both of you... until it's something he wants to totally consume. Your money is put in the communal pot--so he can reap the monetary benefits as well. Apparently it's the same for the garlic dipping sauce.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes. It's OUR money so he can buy lawnmowers and tractors and build garages. And it's OUR dipping sauce so HE can eat it! If I'd ever seen him eat this garlic sauce before, I would have ordered 4 of them, not 2. But then it would not have been so desirable to him.

River said...

Yes, it's unforgiveable, and rude, since he NEVER wanted nor ate the garlic sauce before. You can tell him from me I am disappointed with that behaviour. Or not, if it will cause trouble.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I can tell him. Not that it will do any good. I've already lectured him about it, and of course it's OUR garlic sauce, UNDER HIS ROOF!