Wednesday, June 8, 2022

A Clandestine Pepperation

The Liquor Store is like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. I understand that this place also sells cigarettes and vape products. As I've mentioned before, it often has a lot of cars on the parking lot, yet when I go inside, I'm the only customer, and there are two workers. Let's not even start about the drive-thru window...
 
Sunday, I was shocked to enter the store with only a few cars outside, and find three people in line. The guy at the counter was buying cigarettes. The two young dudes behind him seemed to be together. Not in a romantic kind of way. Just like they were traveling together, and had stopped in for something. THAT is what made me suspicious.
 
Dude 1 paid for a can of something, and then motioned to his friend behind him. "And what he wants."

Dude 2 stepped up, while Dude 1 stepped back, fiddling with his phone.

"We want your... um... special."

Well. That was kind of interesting. Perhaps this place also sells THE POT (as my mom would have called it). Even though it's not legal without a medical card, and there are no signs saying it is licensed for such sales.

Huh. Maybe he wanted some kind of vape. Perhaps with TLC or whatever that chemical is that causes the highness. Maybe this place did supersecret sales like that. Thus the hush-hush and not coming out asking for exactly what he wanted.

Sweet Gummi Mary! They were being so secretive, taking up my valuable time, making me late for absolutely nothing.

Clerk: "Do we need to mix it in the back?"

Dude 2: "Yeah. The HEAVY kind! With extra caffeine."

Again, I figured it was some kind of special vape. But did vapes have caffeine? Nicotine, maybe.

Clerk: "What kind do you want?"

Dude 2: "Dr. Pepper."

Seriously? All that for a SODA? I think I heard about people getting the extra-caffeine soda here a couple years ago. I don't know how they do it. Add it, maybe. They clearly have two soda fountains along the wall. But I guess they have to mix the extra caffeine behind the counter.

Something is just not right about that place...

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

How did you refrain from asking--after they left--about what the "special" was?Or did you think you'd need to know about the secret handshake? (Like you were a Van Buren Boy?)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I didn't want any involvement in that kind of secret society! Heh, heh! I just saw "The Van Buren Boys" a couple days ago. I'd be afraid to drink such a concoction, in case somebody "slipped me a mickey," which I saw yesterday.

River said...

Something is definitely not right about that place and like you, I don't want to know any more about that kind of shenanigans. Perhaps the 'special' is like original Coca Cola, which had cocaine in it, and that's what they're adding to the Dr Pepper.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I should have paid more attention to the PRICE of the Heavy Dr. Pepper. That might have been a clue about the extra ingredient. Or maybe they put something in the cup, in a ziplock bag, to be taken out later!