Sunday, October 30, 2022

A Liar Deserves To Get Face Rot

Let the record show that I see no need to wash a bath towel after every use. You're clean when you use it, and just wipe water off your skin. So we hang our bath towels on our respective racks, mine on the wall rod and Farmer H's on the shower door handle, and use them three days before I replace them. No need to do extra laundry and use up electricity, detergent, and water unnecessarily.

That said... I have been using my bath towel only once, for the past week or so. I have an itchy patch of something on my leg, and I don't want to give it an opportunity to spread. Not sure what it is. I've had it before and it went away. It's not like I've been into poison ivy, or rubbing a mangy dog on my leg. It's probably some autoimmune reaction. But still. Better safe than sorry. I've also been using a washcloth only on that spot, rinsing it, then using the other side to scrub my knees of the Hempvana cream we're trying to see if it relieves pain. It works more than it doesn't.

Anyhoo... I hang my bath towel as usual, and when it's dry, I put it with the dirty clothes for washing, and hang my new towel the next day. Once I'm out of the shower, dried off, and sitting upon the throne to apply the Hempvana cream to my knees before putting on my pants... I use the Hempvana side of my wrung-out washcloth to wipe the Hempvana cream off my hands. I then drape it on the side of the big triangle tub to dry.

Farmer H has been having pains in the back of his thighs. He's having tests for it. I think it's a vertebra thing, pressing on a nerve. Anyhoo... he was really hurting on Friday. He came home early and said he was going to soak in the big triangle tub and run the jets on his back while I was in town. I had not yet taken my shower. So when I got out, I draped my damp itchy-spot/Hempvana-scrubbing washcloth on my towel on my towel rack. That was to keep it out of Farmer H's way while he was in the tub.

Let the record further show that Farmer H has been known to lack boundaries. He has been caught using The Pony's washcloth at times, when they were both taking soaks in the big triangle tub a few hours apart. That's another reason I kept my washcloth off the side of the tub. I wouldn't want Farmer H to use it on his face, what with it being covered with Hempvana cream on one side, and my itchy-spot scrubbings on the other.

Farmer H does not often use a washcloth. But knowing how his back and legs were hurting, I offered to walk across the living room to the linen closet and get him a washcloth. No. He said he didn't want one. He was just going to soak.

When I got home from town and went into the master bathroom to change clothes, I saw MY WASHCLOTH ON THE SIDE OF THE TUB!

"Hey! Did you use my washcloth?"

"Washcloth? No..."

"Why is it on the tub? I left it on my towel on the towel rod."

"Yeah. I saw it there. So I moved it to the side of the tub."

"WHY? Why would you do that? What's the purpose of that?"

"So it wouldn't be on your towel."

"What business is it of yours where I put my washcloth?"

"I don't know why you're yelling. I didn't do nothin'."

Okay. Sure. A perfectly sane person would see a need to move somebody else's washcloth from where they put it, to drape it on the edge of the tub they're getting into to soak. Right?

Farmer H deserves whatever he gets. Whether it's an itchy spot on his face, or a burning sensation.

5 comments:

River said...

Washcloths are called flannels here and I have no idea why, they just are. Maybe other people have other names for them, but flannel is what I grew up with.
Farmer H deserves anything he gets from using your "flannel". Did you explain to him about the hempvana cream and itchy rash skin? Which may or may not be psoriasis, but it wouldn't hurt to try a psoriasis cream on it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
No, I didn't explain. That would ruin my possible revenge if Farmer H really DID use my washcloth! I don't know how much safer I could keep him, other than making sure my washcloth was not in his reach in the tub, and offering to bring him a fresh one from the closet before his bath. He deserves what he gets!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

He was just thinking of you! As if that even crossed his mind. I bought one of those things that you insert into the bath drain to catch hair. It does a fine job. I end up cleaning it every other day or so. Also right after I bathe the dogs. No big deal, it is just hair, probably mostly mine. So, this man I married who will dive right into a blocked sewer and route it out, pulled the catcher from the drain the other night and simply set it on the side of the tub. When I mentioned it to him, he was horrified that I thought he shold take his bare fingers and pull the hair off and toss it in the toilet. He was taking his shower and was CLEAN .... or that is the excuse I got.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yeah. Farmer H's version of that concept is: "I was just trying to HELP you!"

The Pony has one of those hair catchers. He probably sheds more than all the dogs you ever had, cumulatively. Farmer H would do such a thing as HeWho, even though he has no qualms about expecting ME to scrub HIS dried poop off the back of the toilet seat.

River said...

Kathy; hair shouldn't go down drains, but it shouldn't be flushed down the toilet either, it simply doesn't disintegrate like everything else and if there is any kind of obstacle that hair will wrap itself around and collect even more creating a nice blockage which then needs a plumber. Toss the hair into the bin.