Thursday, October 13, 2022

Perhaps My Worries About The Pony Were Unfounded, When He Was Living 8 Hours Away During College

Sweet Gummi Mary! I poured my heart and soul into worrying about The Pony when he left the nest for college in Oklahoma at the tender age of 18. Then breathed a sigh of relief after graduation, when he got a job and a house only 20 minutes away. I'm gasping again!

The Pony sent me a text Tuesday night.

"Something scratched on my window just now!"

"Maybe a bat? I hope you're not conjuring Old Scratch!"
 
"Also they found a body on That Street yesterday."
 
"Wait. Is that the street before the one I turn on to get to your driveway?"
 
"No. It's the next street up the hill behind my house. Parallel."
 
"Oh. The one I take to go over the bridge the back way to Casey's. YIKES to the body!"
 
"Yeah. They found it yesterday. '...the chief said a woman sitting outside the police station informed the officer of what appeared to be a body in the back of a truck in the 100 block of That Street in Sis-Town.' The article said it appeared to have been there several days. Story says they arrested somebody for abandoning/tampering with a corpse." 

"Bet it was drugs."

"That's what they suggested. The paper said no obvious injuries."

"The corpse-tamperer didn't want to get caught with drugs, and then it was too late to report. So just did nothing. That's my theory."

"Paper says they didn't release the identity of the guy, but that they described him as a 57-year-old homeless man. Also, wrapping a body in a rug and putting it in a truck is far from 'nothing.'"

"They could claim he slept there! Wrapped up in the rug!"

Anyhoo... I don't think there's a murderer roaming the neighborhood, scratching on The Pony's window. The corpse was at least a half mile from his house. After all, we had a headless body found in a septic tank closer to the Mansion than that! But I can understand why The Pony might have been a bit skittish about the window-scratching.

I'm always available when my little Pony needs to text me at 11:07 p.m.

4 comments:

River said...

I'd be a bit skittish too, but not about the corpse. I'd be worried the killer was looking for somewhere to hide!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think The Pony's yet-to-be-renovated garage is a better hiding place than the house. It has a window to be broken into, rather than scratching at a screen of an occupied bedroom. Though it appears that the killer has just been carrying on as usual, and not seeking a hiding place.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

When we first moved to Missouri, I didn't know that the county we moved to was well known as the meth capitol of the state. The very first winter we learned that there was a body in a car at the rest area across the road from us. My girls were not happy and wanted us to come live with one of them (that IS NOT happening!). Then a few years later there was the escaped rapist wondering through my park and I bravely evicted him from my premises. And then the murder in site 25, the 40 some year old who killed his over 80 year old girlfriend with a sawed off shot gun. Maybe the Pony needs a big dog to alert him. My little dogs protected me!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
WelP! I had a whole comment written, and then BLOGGER flashed it blue as I was backspacing to correct a spelling error, and disappeared it. I HATE BLOGGER!!!

I think what I was saying was that it was a meth cartel out of Mexico connected to our headless body in the septic tank. Note to meth-buyers: Gotta pay your debts, even if the currency is free tattoos.

Missouri is the new Florida. Senseless, idiotic crimes that make the national news. Like the deviant with the lady kept in a cage near Kansas City who just escaped.

The Pony is good with pets if they're HIS. Not like when Genius's kitten Genius was found standing in a pan of water, and under interrogation, The Pony confessed to the act, and as a reason, shrugged and said, "Not my cat."