Sunday, October 16, 2022

Full Of Beans

The Pony was supposed to be off Sunday, but volunteered to work a few hours. It's that new Amazon Prime Day thing, with many packages to be delivered. The Pony didn't want to cause hardship to his PO brethren and sistren. He doesn't mind the package deliveries TOO much, since Sundays are usually short days. Unless it's Amazon Prime Day.

Anyhoo... he knew that Saturday would be busy, too, because of those packages. I guess he was tired when he got home. At 5:59, he sent me a text:

"I have the weirdest impulse to just open this can of cannellini beans and eat them. It's weird."

 
"I used to eat Campbell's Bean With Bacon Soup out of the can."

"This is just beans, though!"

"Protein. You could be eating something worse."

"I'm eating protein already!"

 
"Chicken and feta in a pita."

"And it rhymes!"

"That is an untrue statement! It's like saying irony rhymes with firefly!"

"I stand corrected."

"Pita rhymes with Peta, feta rhymes with chedda'."

Looks like The Pony is feeling his oats, whether he's full of beans or not.

2 comments:

River said...

So did he eat the beans? When I'm eating beans it's usually green beans, which I'm trying to grow more of but the snails or something are getting the baby plants. I'll wait a month and plant more.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes. But not right out of the can, and not that night. My grandma used to grow green beans, and sit out under the hedgeapple tree snapping them before cooking them in a pot with bacon grease and new potatoes. Mmmm! Not exactly a healthy vegetable that way, but delicious.