Wednesday, October 5, 2022

The Pony's Sweet Tooth Leads Him Astray

The Pony also tried making dessert last week. He was lacking a prime ingredient, and added another not in the original recipe. So he was not thrilled with the results. He said it tasted fine, but the appearance was a bit off-putting.

 
The Pony used the microwave fudge recipe given to him by blog buddy Sioux. He was missing the sweetened condensed milk, or maybe just didn't have enough. And he added some butterscotch chips he had on hand. Here it is before he brewed his cauldron.

The Pony said the butterscotch chips were a mistake, because they melt differently than the regular semisweet and milk chocolate chips. He was taken aback by the appearance of the final product:

 
His cauldron is a bowl that I gave him, which is part of a set of Pioneer Woman merch from the Devil's Playground. I need to advise him to be careful while cooking with GLASS, before it hurts him like a hot steak!

Anyhoo... The Pony said his fudge tasted just fine, but he wasn't fond of the texture nor the appearance. I bet none of it was wasted.

4 comments:

River said...

That fudge looks fine to me, but I might have scooped it out and spread it to set so I could cut it in squares. My fudge recipe requires continuous stirring for eight minutes which is why I rarely make it these days. it's called "Melt in the Mouth Chocolate Fudge" and it really does just melt in your mouth.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm not sure how The Pony stores and serves his fudge. I'm guessing he might dump it on a plate, or into one of his many Chinese Tupperware containers. I could imagine him slicing off some as he wants it, but not cutting the squares ahead of time. He's not that organized.

My mom used to make really good peanut butter fudge. And the chocolate kind, too. It required stirring on a double-boiler, as I recall, and a candy thermometer clipped to the side of the pan. So technical, when you can just toss ingredients into a bowl and microwave it! I don't think The Pony's fudge melted in his mouth.

Alice said...

I agree with River, I was going to say the same thing about putting it in a pan and then I would refrigerate it a bit to harden it up. Looks good with some surprise butterscotch nuggets. lol

Hillbilly Mom said...

Alice,
The Pony was afraid it looked like something that had already been eaten! I'll have to ask him how he stored it and determined his portions.