Sunday, July 30, 2023

From Happy O's To Scary NOs!

Hey! Did I tell you that Country Mart will be closing for 11 weeks? I'm pretty sure I did. The shelves are starting to look like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard. Every time I go in, there are fewer wares to overcharge me for. Like my cereal.

It's generic Honey Nut Cheerios. The store brand is called Happy O's. That's THEIR apostrophe. Not mine. The last three times I was in the store, there were no Happy O's. I kept waiting, thinking maybe some would come in on the next truck. But the gal I talked to a couple weeks ago told me that day had been their last truck. And that they'll be packing up the stuff left on Aug. 4 to send to other branches of their store.

Well. I had to buy a box of actual Honey Nut Cheerios. It costs almost TWICE what the Happy O's cost. But I need my cereal every morning (12:00 noon or later) to have with my daily banana.

Anyhoo... I keep the cereal box on the kitchen table. I was down to the last handful of Happy O's. Both boxes were visible over the top of HIPPIE's screen.


Sweet Gummi Mary! It's bad enough that I pay double for the licensing and advertising fees for a brand-name cereal! Can't they at least make it NOT SO FLIPPIN' CREEPY???

That is quite off-putting! A SLUG LADY on the cereal box. That's exactly what she looks like! A slimy slug. Staring at me over the top of HIPPIE's screen. It's enough to make me lose my appetite. Can't have that! I had to turn the box around. Where I now see the Nutrition Facts.

BRING BACK MY HAPPY O'S!

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

She does look like a slug! Are they remodeling the store? It annoys me when I can't find things I buy on a regular basis.

River said...

You may have to find another substitute, maybe they will phase out the Happy O's altogether. Unless you find them at another store.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes. Not a good look for a package of something you are planning to EAT! I don't care what movie it comes from.

***
River,
Save A Lot has their own generic version I can switch to, but I'll stock up, because their parking is often not compatible with T-Hoe's giant doors. I'll have to go at an off time, because there are no end spaces to assure my safety from close-parkers.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, they are remodeling the store, but not putting the deli back! That was the main attraction for me! Along with the parking, and less walking than the Devil's Playground. They will be closed starting Aug 4 (THIS FRIDAY!) for 11 weeks. Or so they say...