Saturday, July 15, 2023

This Is Why Mrs. HM Brings Home The Wrong Beverages

It's not only MY fault! I swear! Twice (or maybe thrice) I have assumed I was bringing home Best Choice Diet Cola, only to find that I had not! It's the packaging! Really! Take a gander at the evidence:


All varieties come in the same packaging! I am not a forensic scientist, adept at searching out clues! I see my soda on a shelf, grab one or two for my cart, and presume I have the right kind. How hard is that? Apparently, too hard for Mrs. HM!

Oh, don't think that I'm looking at the sides of the boxes like this stack I made by the kitchen door. In the store, I'm presented with the ENDS of the boxes.


I might be LOOKING at the right kind, but when I reach to grab a box and punch that slot to make a handle, it might be a different variety slipped in there by a stocker who does not concentrate on this task like he was taking the SATs, or one moved by another customer who had grabbed the wrong flavor themselves, and put it back in the wrong place.

Seriously, BEST CHOICE! Could you not make a better choice on your packaging? Are you saving all that much by only using one color scheme? Even Shasta uses different colors for their boxes. Green for lemon-lime, orange for orange, purple for grape, brown for root beer or their Dr. Pepper variety, red for cola. 

Granted, the DIET blue stands out. But the little bar proclaiming CAFFEINE FREE is not all that noticeable if you're not looking for it.

Anyhoo... THAT'S why Mrs. HM keeps bringing home the wrong soda.

4 comments:

River said...

As I see it, you have two choices. Read the labels each time you pick up a box, or don't buy the Best Choice brand.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's always been the plan, reading those deceptive labels...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Probably the fault of the stock clerk. Maybe you should bring along a magnifying glass as you search for the right one!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think customers drag those cases around, because THEY, TOO, have picked up the wrong flavor, but catch it before wheeling it away in their cart. So they just shove it back on the shelf wherever, and search for their preferred soda.