Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Stench Of Entitledness Hangs Over Hillmomba Once Again

The sky was angry as I pulled onto the parking lot of the Gas Station Chicken Store on Saturday. Purple clouds. A flash of lightning. I wanted to get in and out before the rain started. But wait! What's this? A CAR parked in my preferred handicap space beside the building???

Not only a car, with no handicap plates (can't fault them for that, since I use this space myself with T-Hoe bereft of such official designation), but a car with the trunk open, a cooler lid ajar, and two perhaps college-age gals leaning against the side, a bag of ice at their feet, chatting with somebody parked beside them, blocking the driving lane. 

Let the record show that my patience was much shorter than that sentence above!

Oh, how I wished for that other entitled rumpushole who had told me quite condescendingly that I should not have parked in that very space, because in his mind it was like the on-deck circle for people waiting to use the FREE AIR hose! Because not only were The Ice Gals taking up the handicap space, but also half of the air hose space!

It's one thing to park there and run in for something, then go on your merry way. It's quite another to use it as a party place while gimps like me must hobble from the moat under imminent threat of lightning strikes!

I wish I had taken a picture. I love to show rumpusholes in their natural habitat.

4 comments:

River said...

Young ones won't realise until they themselves are old and infirm.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
So true. They think they will never get old. Until the first time somebody calls them "Ma'am!"

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Did you want to turn into Kathy Bates and plow through their car and tell them you have better insurance?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
YES! That's the first thing that entered my mind! They looked and acted just like those two girls.