Monday, July 24, 2023

Not Deconstructed, But Inside-Out

Do you ever get annoyed with those cooking shows that serve up some dish they call "deconstructed?" To me, that's just being lazy and not putting the ingredients together right! Or at all. I don't see anything fancy about it to be proud of. Then again, you are probably not as critical of everything as Mrs. HM!

Here are the marshmallows that Farmer H bought at the auction, with MILK CHOCOLATE INSIDE! That doesn't seem like the normal scheme of things. It's backwards! Marshmallow should be on the INSIDE. Not stuffed with chocolate!



























I have no desire to try one. I think Farmer H took the open bag to his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2). I don't want to open another bag. Maybe he will bite into one so I can get a picture of its guts! From the picture on the bag, I still can't tell if the chocolate is supposed to be liquidy or pudding-like or firm. 

I already want to complain about the marshmallows in the bag not having a mouth and eyes and eyebrows! And look at that little cannibal! He's roasting his own kind!

6 comments:

River said...

I think you should eat one so we know what it's like inside. Reseal the bag with sticky tape to keep the mice and ants out.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I suppose I could be so selfless as to eat a marshmallow for scientific purposes. MICE! How dare you! We have only had two mice enter the Mansion in all the years we've lived here. One came in under the basement door, and the other through the front door. Weatherstripping solved both problems. They were cute little field mice, but still vermin. Genius was our trap-setter. Not a very good one! I imagine his fingers still bear the scars.

Plain Jane said...

I tried the S'mores version of these. The chocolate inside those was very firm. Mine were marked way down, and they were very stale. For me, they were a one time thing to satisfy my curiosity, and luckily, it was a snack pack with only two in it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Plain Jane,
Oh, no! ANOTHER filled marshmallow? That's just wrong! Farmer H got these at the auction, so I imagine they are stale. They feel very firm inside the bag, though not solid. I'm sure that won't keep him from eating all three bags!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Wouldn't it be funny if the dozen marshmallow creatures danced across your counter before strting a fire to roast each other with?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The teacher in me would be screaming, "STOP THAT!" I could probably put an end to it after they had merely skewered each other.