Monday, July 3, 2023

It's Always Something

I've been having issues with my internet connection since Saturday night at 9:15. Don't know if it was from an update my HIPPIE did while I was gone to town, or something from a storm that passed through around 4:00. Even though we didn't lose power, and I was happily HIPPIEing from 5:30 to 9:15.

Whatever's going on, HIPPIE sometimes says I have router issues. Farmer H reset the router for me. It has always fixed the issue in the past. But now that stupid Microsoft Edge won't connect me to common sites like a local news station. It keeps timing out and saying I don't have an internet connection, but I DO.

Not sure why Even Steven has to make my life miserable this weekend. It's a pain not being able to connect, when there is no issue with our internet connection. I guess I can try to delete the history, but that will be a pain if it doesn't fix what's wrong.

This situation is adding extra crankiness to Mrs. HM's sunny demeanor!

4 comments:

River said...

I don't often get a "no internet" message but when I do I just shut it all down and go make the bed or something then turn it on again and it's good to go.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That used to work for me! Farmer H went to the basement to reset the router and the DISH receiver that gives us our internet. After the third try, it worked. But then a couple hours later, I started getting the same problem again. Either we need a new router, or it's the update that installed something that's affecting SOME websites, causing them to time out. I turned off the firewall, and that did not help. I'm thinking of changing my browser, but Microsoft Edge won't take me to the sites I click on! I guess I'll have to try and do it through SETTINGS, and see if it gives me a download option.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

No, not your sunny disposition!! It's like I tell HeWho when he tries to provoke me .... be careful, I can be civil or I can be Sybil, pick one.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! I am still trying to deal with this internet connection issue. Do not mess with me now! I think Farmer H is catching on, slow learner that he is.