Saturday, August 19, 2023

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Let The Culprit Be Known!

The Mystery of the Dotted Line is solved! The perpetrator was caught red-pawed on Friday afternoon, while inflicting another injury upon the thin-skinned arm of Mrs. Hillbilly Mom. The left arm this time.

I was grasping the handrail to walk up the steps on the side porch when Scarlett decided she'd not had enough petting behind T-Hoe in the garage, and while sitting on the side porch a few nanoseconds earlier. She jumped up and put her paws on my arm holding the handrail. I felt it this time! And watched as my life fluid began to leak out.


I avoided dripping on my clothing, and even managed to hand out the treats before documenting the evidence at the kitchen counter.

The wound washed up quite nicely with foaming Bath and Body Works Coconut Mint soap. It is now marinating in a blob of triple antibiotic ointment under a bandaid.


Scarlett is cooling her claws on the porch. Perhaps planning her next assault on the thin skin of Mrs. HM.

4 comments:

River said...

Aha! Scarlett unmasked! I don't think we get triple antibiotic ointments here, I never even think to look for them. I just wipe any cut or scrape with undiluted antiseptic and let it dry. A bandaid is used only if the wound is bleeding or in a place where it might get bumped. It helps that I am a fast healer.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It is Neosporin, but the store-brand is cheaper, with the simple name of triple antibiotic ointment. I put on the bandaid to keep from leaving a trail of blood. The next day, it was a bruise with a tiny crescent scab. Smooth and healing well, so I left off the bandaid.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Some days I go about my business until HeWho tells me I am bleeding and Ihave no idea what happened. Do we lose sensitivity to pain as we age?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's a good theory. It was not painful. Maybe our other aches and pains take precedence over injuries!