Monday, August 21, 2023

Priceless Farmer H

I'm sure regular readers of my not-so-secret blog remember that Farmer H loves playing bingo at the Senior Center a couple times a week, and winning "prices." One of his pals there invited him out to play bingo elsewhere with her and her husband.

I think it was two Wednesdays ago. Farmer H was all excited, talking about it for several days before. He made sure I had his supper ready in time, so he could leave the Mansion and get there before all the seats were taken, even though his pal was saving a seat for him. The grand prize was a kayak. It had gone un-won for several nights.

Farmer H returned home deflated. Not a single "price" was won by him. 

"So, it was a little harder playing against regular people than against the elderlies at the Senior Center?"

"Yeah! There was 198 people there, and they were all paying attention."

Farmer H has not talked about going back to play regular bingo.  

4 comments:

River said...

Awww, I almost feel sorry for him, but maybe he should try again and this time pay more attention. His limited vision might be a hurdle though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He has those "cheaters" he bought at the Dollar Store, I think. But he went to the auction without them. So good thing he didn't need to text or call anybody, because he couldn't see. Not sure where he left his cheaters. Maybe he needs a pair to leave in SilverRedO, and one for the house, and one for his SUS2. Plus a pair to take to bingo...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Poor Hick, all set to win the way he does when playing with old people who don't pay attention.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
He's giving it another try on Wednesday evening! I reminded him to take his "cheaters" so he can see his bingo card. He said it doesn't cost anything to play. I guess they count on sales. It's at a local sports bar. I was thinking it was the VFW, but I was obviously not paying attention when he told me the first time...