Thursday, August 24, 2023

Jack's Back!

Sweet Gummi Mary! I am SO relieved! My little dog Jack seems to be okay! This is better news than the two $100 winners I had on scratchers Tuesday evening! Even though Farmer H had told me before going to bed that he had petted Jack on the front porch, and he seemed fine... I was not so certain. Farmer H has been wrong before.

Farmer H said that Jack ran up the front porch steps like normal. No hesitation. I heard Jack barking right outside the front door at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. And continuously through the morning hours. His forceful bark. The ALERT bark. Not a whimper, not the impatience with Scarlett bark when she won't let him hump. 

When I left for town Wednesday afternoon, Jack came running to the kitchen door with Scarlett. He was wagging his tail and whole back end, as usual. Trotting around with confidence. He ate his scrap of bread with chicken crispies on it. Came to the edge of the porch, smiling, to be petted. When I came back from town, Jack barked and romped with Scarlett and Copper Jack. He came into the garage, and jostled with Scarlett to be the first out of the people door.

My little buddy is totally back to normal. I have no idea what was wrong with him the day before. But he made a miraculous recovery during the night.

2 comments:

River said...

Perhaps he was constipated and had to work things out. I'm very glad to hear he is back to normal now.
I had a minor win myself on the draw ticket, well slightly bigger than minor, $81.20 :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't know how that could make him unable to move his back legs right, and act confused. But something fixed itself, and I am SO RELIEVED that he's okay!

Wow! That's a fantastic win on a draw ticket! Congrats! Even Steven must be hanging around. Today I only won $3.