Friday, August 4, 2023

Pony People Problems: The Hole Tooth

As if the oppressive heat wasn't enough to thwart The Pony's mail delivery efforts...

Uneven Steven served up a problem on a silver platter on Tuesday. It was The Pony's lunch break. He DOES take one every now and then. Especially when he delivers on a route that includes Domino's Pizza. Let the record show that The Pony is not an anorexic model surviving on a TicTac and Diet Coke daily. The Pony knows how to strap on the old feedbag.


"There is a red pepper flake in my tooth hole."

"Mmm. That looks good. Can you rinse it out with a beverage?"

"Hasn't worked so far."

"I guess leave it alone until you can get a toothpick, or brush it when you get home. Or chew some gum and stick it against the tooth hole to snag the pepper flake."

"Yeah."

No answer on what tactic The Pony used, but I'm pretty sure he does not still have a red pepper flake stuck in his tooth hole after the wisdom teeth extraction two weeks ago. Though he DID have another issue a few days earlier. I will spare you a picture.

"I was worried when you were sick. That you might have an infection from your tooth holes."

"Doesn't feel like it. There was something weird with one of them yesterday, like a blood vessel or clot or something dangling down from the hole after I swished my mouth out."

"Sometimes there's a strip of dead skin that got crushed when they pulled the tooth."

"Like I'm 90 percent sure it was connected, since it wouldn't come out and like, touching it with gauze came back very lightly bloody after I brushed my teeth. I pushed it back in and overnight it retracted or dissolved or fell out. All I know is it was white when I shoved my phone in my mouth."

"Yeah. Dead skin from the pulling."

At this point, The Pony sent me a video of the inside of his mouth. Complete with sound.

"Yuck! I didn't need to see that!"

At least mouths can't hold a candle to FEET!

4 comments:

River said...

He sent a video?? Yikes. No one needs to see that. Maybe his dentist. at least it resolved itself.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Granted, it was only a few seconds long, but I can't unsee it! Or unhear the sound of breathing and a moist tongue moving out of the way!!!! Heh, heh! The Pony probably swallowed that scrap in the night!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I don't even want to know what I may swallow in the night! Dog hair for sure!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'm betting on a few spiders.