Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eat A Bowl Of Chowder For Me

Farmer H is off to Massachusetts this week. Don't plan on robbing me. I have three dogs. And way more guns than dogs. So just don't. Plus, I might truss up the #1 son and send him along with you. Hope you're familiar with The Ransom of Red Chief.

Farmer H's company is buying out a factory. So Farmer H has to go through it and see how the machines are hooked up and how they run and mark the pieces and dismantle them and get them ready for shipping. Then he will most likely have to go back in a few weeks to make sure they are loaded correctly. The bought-out plant is supposed to furnish him with the labor to accomplish this task. But since they are a union shop, and their factory, after all, has been bought out by Farmer H's employer, he's not real optimistic about the effort he will receive. He says the one person he's talked to so far seems like a stand-up guy, but he's not sure of the others.

Let's hope he doesn't puzzle me with his reports from the east coast like he did last time. The time he told me he visited the big boss two houses down from the house of Betty, the famous author who had just died. Who turned out to be Katharine Hepburn, dead two years already. And Farmer H's boast that he was looking out across New York Sound kind of stumped me, as well. Because what he meant to say was Long Island Sound.

But he's really good at taking apart machines and putting them back together.


3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Aaah, the house to yourself--if only you could send The Genius and The Pony somewhere, and you would have the whole mansion to ramble around in.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
They are useful at times. #1 take the trash dumpster to the end of the driveway tonight. It's a LONG driveway.

The Pony is my manservant. A better Mr. French I could not ask for. Except that he's not allowed to call himself a Gentleman's Gentleman.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Okay, that's it, you have to come camping so he can play with he who loves to dismantle mechanical devises and reassemble them.

Alas, I have no steady manservant. I have learned to drag many things alonside the golfcart. I hold the mower handle with my left hand and drive with my right hand to drag it across the park. I have become quite adept! You could pull the dumpster by hanging your arm out the window of the T-hoe. I can just see you in my mind's eye.