Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm Mad Enough To Yell, And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore

I spent two hours last night, trying to log in and respond to comments. Thank the Gummi Mary I had the foresight to post ahead on two blogs and set them to publish. I do that on Survivor TV night. And when I'll be away, like tonight.

The Pony has to go to a BETA club coronation. He's not attending the dance, so we'll be home at a reasonable hour. But that shoots the whole evening. Because I have to stay after school until 6:00, and take him to Basementia for the coronation. That will put us home after 7:00 p.m.

I don't know if it's my internet connection, or stupid dumb ugly free Blogger trying to make me try Google Chrome. Funny how everything works fine for a while, then slows down so much that I long for my dial-up days.

Maybe it's the solar flares. Or BIG BROTHER monitoring my every keystroke. Whatever the case, I wasted a colossal amount of time. And I'm hoping this will save and pop up Thursday evening, just in case the same issue rears its stupid dumb ugly free head.

Technology is not my friend.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It is not my friend, either. And the new version of word verification--at least the hoops I have to jump through--are mind-boggling.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Me,too!! I thought it was my internet connection and I have to keep rebooting the system, then I thought it was my computer. I tried switching to my old computer, but that didn't work either. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes! I think I turned off my word verification. Since I moderate comments anyway, it's no big deal. I have not (yet) been overrun with 5PAM.

*************
Kathy,
Maybe it's a Missouri thang, girl! Same here. I tried my laptop instead, identical result. It's working for now, though.

labbie1 said...

I am totally with Sioux on the new version of word verification! Stupid! I just quit posting on posts with WV...

I use Google Chrome. It is about 50% faster than IE and I like it. Not had any problems with free blogger, but perhaps I was not on at the same time you were.

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
It's not like we're trying to crack into the Denver Mint. Those word veri dealybobbers must be next to impossible for the tipsy.

It was a one-day issue. Not sure what caused it, but it resolved with me doing nothing on my end.