Thursday, March 10, 2016

Mrs. HM KNEW She Needed A School Watchkid

Uh huh. Only two days after seeing that mocking, stalking, out-of-place Thin Mint box just outside her classroom window, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom turned about yesterday after lunch to see that it had disgorged its guts!


Perhaps it overexerted itself, climbing up the brick wall on the front of Newmentia, to peep inside at Mrs. HM at work. The first notice of this watcher was startling enough. But now the thing is still there, and obviously up to no good.

Little did Mrs. HM know that one day later, she would AGAIN find that Thin Minty had moved!






Something ticked this way comes, it seems. Something so ticked that it can't leave Mrs. HM alone. Okay, okay, I'll do it! I'm sorry for casting aspersions upon the mothers of Girl Scouts! Let me be! Go in peace. Begone!

The better question, although I haven't asked a question, is: "Why doesn't Newmentia's groundskeeper keep up the grounds?"

He's quick enough to run that leaf-blower and mower outside my window all willy-nilly as the mood strikes. Creepy when you turn around and he's looking in, under the guise of blowing. The kids usually tip me off.

This is a travesty of grand proportions. FOUR DAYS that little imp has been outside looking in when I least expect it! Thin Minty. Not the groundskeeper.

SECURITY!

I might need to chant "Serenity now."

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

When you say "Serenity now!" you don't chant it, you shout it.

Anonymous said...

Do you hear the Twilight Zone theme in the background?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'll try to remember that, next time I'm playing billiards without pants in my son's old bedroom, and my Mansierre (or is it my Bro) is cutting into my side.

*****
fishducky,
No. I heard the hand-dryer blowing like a jet engine in the boys' bathroom next door. Those kids need ear protection if they're going to be hygienic. They can't be trusted with paper towels, you know. They might stuff them in the sink and leave the water running.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The groundskeeper will just clean around it, he is in cahoots with the girl scout moms ....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think you're right. If it doesn't involve riding, or using noisy equipment, he's not doing anything!