Tuesday, March 29, 2016

This Pot Regrets Implying That The Kettle Is Black

You knew it would happen, didn't you? Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's comeuppance. Even Steven adding a tally mark. Karma dangling by sharp teeth from Mrs. HM's ample buttocks.

You may recall that I pretty much declared The Pony to be a careless gambler. One who doesn't have the sense to go over a scratch-off ticket with a fine-toothed comb. In fact, I even wondered in font whether The Pony actually shares my DNA. All because he mistook a $50 winner for a $10 winner. Thank the Gummi Mary, there are safeguards in place for that. A bar code on the bottom of each ticket that, when scanned by the gas station chicken store clerk, reveals the amount of the win. As long as you can trust your gas station chicken store clerk, you're going to get what's coming to you when you cash in that ticket.

Sunday night, I decided to enter a few of my losers in the molottery.com website. You tally up points toward prizes, you know. And the Golden Ticket game has a monthly second-chance drawing to win $500, and three second-chance grand prizes. I missed the first drawing for that, so I punched in my losing scratcher validation numbers. The first seven tickets went in just fine. It's kind of a tedious process, but with some Pure Prairie League playing, and no school on Monday, I took the time.

What's this? The eighth ticket gave me a message. Entry not recognized. Please check the numbers and try again. So I did. All my numbers checked out. This happened to me a couple years ago, and I discovered that the ticket was not a loser. So I went back over my loser. Dang. Those Golden Tickets have 10 numbers at the top, which you try to match with 60 numbers at the bottom. On and on I went. Nope. No matches. Then I got to the very last of the top 10 numbers. And in the middle of the lower 60, I HAD A MATCH! I scratched off the prize, and saw that I'd won $50.

Pony. My cast-iron soul apologizes.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I guess you won't have to rely on your retirement check every month... because you'll be playing (and winning at) the lottery every week.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
But I'll have two boys in college who will be spending my winnings!