Monday, March 21, 2016

There Is No Joy In FAFSAville, Mighty HM Has Struck Out

I've had it with trying to do the right thing!

How hard does it have to be to log in to FAFSA and update the tax return information? That's not a rhetorical question. HOW HARD DOES IT HAVE TO BE?

I put in all the required information. The FAFSA itself was filed back before the March 1 deadline that The Pony needed. Maybe even before February 1. Now I can log in, but I can't get any further! What good is that? Again, not rhetorical. What good is it to be logged in, but unable to proceed into the document?

Why is it that every time, I'm told that my username is not correct. Then when I hit the FORGOT button, it takes me to a screen saying I AM logged in! With the correct user name AND password. Yet I can't get past the SAVE KEY. That's totally stupid! I wrote it down when we set up the parent account.

You know what? I don't really care if I update it or not. Don't care. Over an hour spent on that farce. It's not like my kids will qualify for any aid. Just a government tracker that won't let me submit my finances for tracking.

So there. Guess I showed them, didn't I?

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, how I remember the FAFSA days with such fondness.

Better you than me. And just think--you have at least three or four more years of this...

THIS is the sort of thing that will occupy your retirement...

Anonymous said...

As I said to one of my commentors today, that's our government in action, or is it our government inaction?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'll need something to keep me busy. It's not like I'm going to get my own shack in Farmer H's shantytown. And I'm not going to ask a cashier at Casey's about delivering "medicine" out of an unmarked drugstore in the plaza.

*****
fishducky,
As a former state government worker, I know of what you speak.