Thursday, September 8, 2022

Farmer H Opened His Mouth And Removed All Doubt

Better for Farmer H to remain silent than to pretend he can hear what I'm saying and respond.
 
"I'm leaving early for the auction on Saturday. I want to park closer to the building, so I don't have to carry my stuff so far. Actually, I think I'm going to take my little cart so I can load stuff on it to pull back to the car."
 
"Is the lot gravel? Or pavement."
 
"It's metal."
 
"The PARKING LOT IS METAL???"
 
"What? No! Where did you get that? My CART is metal!"
 
"I asked you about the parking lot. Can you pull your cart on gravel?"

"Should be able to."
 
"You SHOULD get a hearing aid!"
 
"I don't need no hearing aid!"

It's hearing like this that gets me yelled at all the time, for things Farmer H THINKS he hears me say, when I've said nothing of the sort.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Yes, he SHOULD get a hearing aid. HeWho has them, but he bought them online without the benefit of having an audiologist fir him with ones that would meet his specific needs. If I speak to him I always raise my voice and enunciate every syllable and then when he looks confused and says "huh?" I raise my voice again. The he looks at me like I am some sort of wild screaming woman and tells me I don't have to shout. Living the dream here.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'm living the same dream! It's a nightmare! Yes, when Farmer H tells me he didn't hear me, and I say it louder, he gets all indignant. "There you go! I don't know why you always have to yell!"

River said...

You may have to drag him kicking and screaming to get his hearing tested and then have the hearing aids made and after all that, he'll just forget to wear them.
I'm sorry to say you specially blown box es of luck didn't make it. It has been extremely windy here and by now they are probably halfway to Antarctica. oh well.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That sounds like how the whole ordeal would play out!

Sorry about your missing luck. I DID sent the replacement envelope. But on that day, I won ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! So SOMEBODY is going to receive that luck SOMETIME! It's out there...