Tuesday, September 20, 2022

This Does Not Bode Well For My Prescription Refill Scenario

I called in my prescription refills Monday night. It's time. We'll see how getting a one-month renewal on one of the three pans out.

I'm not so confident. Also on Monday, I got a letter from my OLD insurance. Dated September 13.

"Your health coverage will end on July 1, 2022 because your employer's contract with us is ending. We understand this may be of some concern to you..."

WHAT IN THE NOT-HEAVEN!

Thank the Gummi Mary they saw fit to inform me on SEPTEMBER 13 that my coverage would be expiring on JULY 1.

Health insurance is a racket. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to collect my $731 monthly premiums for July, August, and half of September!

At least my prescriptions are on my NEW insurance. IF everyone is doing their job right...

4 comments:

River said...

What a screw-up! Someone in the health insurance office needs talking to when letters arrive that late! I do hope everything is satisfactorily sorted.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Thanks for your hopes, but it's not looking good! More as it develops.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am pretty sure they are obligated by law to refund your payments. Now, they won't be quick about it, but they have to. I know that you are like us in that you can afford to wait for it, but think of the people who live paycheck to paycheck and this will make their lives a living hell as they juggle their bills until they get the refund! My daughter did not get child support for over 5 years. the father lived in Floida and when they garnished his wages after finding him, she discovered a lump sum had been deposited in her bank account! She had never counted on getting anything, so this was a windfall and how she managed to buy her first home as a single parent.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Good thing for me that I pay my insurance premiums by monthly check, through the school, which sends out a massive check for everybody's coverage. So the old insurance might TRY to get my money for months when they were no longer my insurance, but they ain't gettin' it!

Farmer H and I say all the time we don't know how some people are able to get by. Especially with the price of gas, food, and diabetes meds these days. Then again, he gets mad when people ahead of him in line get some of their meds free, or for a dollar. Old Buddy, his helper, tells him about what he pays for stuff, while complaining how hard it is to keep up with his "bills." Farmer H pointed out that with all the freebies and assistance he (and his live-in girlfriend) get, plus the cash Farmer H pays him for working 20+ hours a week, he's actually making more per month than Farmer H himself. So Old Buddy quit telling him how he's so broke all the time!

That's great that your daughter got what was due to her! Sometimes you get it on paper, but never see a cent!