Saturday, September 10, 2022

If You Want Something Done Right, Don't Send Farmer H To Do It For You

But you already knew that, right? What the title is advising you?
 
Since Farmer H wanted to have Casey's Pizza for supper instead of Domino's, he was in charge of getting it. He's done it before. He stops by in the morning for his clandestine donuts, and puts in the order to pick up on his way home around 5:00.

Thursday night, we discussed the pizza, and Farmer H said he'd be getting a Supreme. That's what I like. He's none too fond of green peppers that come on it, but he'll eat the pizza. My only stipulation was that he ask them to leave off the pepperoni. He agreed. In the past, he's asked for all the pepperoni to be put on ONE SIDE of the pizza, but since Casey's puts the toppings under the cheese, there's no way to tell WHICH side, until you're eating it!

Anyhoo... the pizza matter was out of my hands. If it had been Domino's, I would have put in the order online, for Farmer H to pick up at a certain time.

Farmer H got home with the pizza shortly after 5:00. He had two boxes! A large and a small.

"Why do you have TWO pizza boxes?"

"I also got breadsticks. The whole thing only cost me $4.32. I had coupons for a free pizza!"

"Like, the actual coupons that used to tear off the box until you had 10?"

"No. They're on my account now. After 10 pizzas, you get a free one."

Farmer H was already done eating by the time I warmed my pizza and a couple breadsticks in the oven. Huh. Something was different. I just couldn't put my finger on it... Until I took a bite.

"Hey! This isn't a Supreme!"

"That's what I ordered."

"No. There's no green peppers, no onions, no mushrooms. YOU ORDERED A MEAT LOVERS, didn't you?"

"No. No."

"You sure did. No way they just "forgot" green peppers, onions, and mushrooms on a Supreme!"

"I ordered the Supreme!"

"You couldn't have, or we'd HAVE a Supreme!"

"The girl wasn't there to do it for me this morning! I had to order it on my phone."

"So?"

"So it got messed up. YOU try to order it on a phone!"

"I order it online. Same system. There's no way you could have ordered a MEAT LOVERS by accident! You have to click on it. Clearly, click on the MEAT LOVERS, and not click on the Supreme. AND you even left off the pepperoni! So there's no way that was an accident!"

"Whatever..."

Farmer H thinks I'm stupid. That I am not onto his conniving ways. He should have just said the night before that he wanted a Meat Lovers. NOT pulled the old switcheroo!

Next time, we're having Domino's thin crust. I'll do the ordering.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

If you want something done right ...

River said...

When will he ever learn? You just can't be fooled. I made a pizza big enough for three days and it looks great, a little over browned, but still edible, except I put too much dried oregano. What was I thinking? I always use a tiny pinch. Oh well, I have dinner for the next three days.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I KNOW! That's why I will be ordering Domino's next time. WAIT! You didn't think I was going to say I'll be making my own pizza, did you???

***
River,
Farmer H overestimates his lying ability. I wouldn't mind the over-browning, but the oregano would be my downfall. I'm not a fan of it, even in spaghetti sauce and other foods where it is considered a prime ingredient.