Sunday, September 11, 2022

Is Mrs. HM Under Surveillance Now?

 As I checked out at Country Mart on Saturday around 3:30, the old lady check who once put down my age as 80 greeted me with:

"Isn't this your second time in here today?"

"No..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! I'm in here every day, but only ONCE!"

The young man checker who is such a good bagger had come over from the service desk to greet me and bag my groceries.

"She was in here last night."

"Yeah! I spoke to you last night when I pushed that cart in, and told you there were 50 more outside."

"Oh, that's right. I saw you when I went out to get those other carts."

"Well... it WAS around 5:30. So it's been less that 24 hours since I was here. I suppose TECHNICALLY, yes, it's my second time in here in a day."

Sweet Gummi Mary! Are they keeping tabs on me now? At least Bagger Boy came to my rescue! Not that the Old Lady was snooty or anything. I suppose she was just making conversation. Which continued. 

More tomorrow...

3 comments:

River said...

Perhaps Old Lady is the one who is 80 and beginning to forget things. Or you have a look-alike.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Thankfully I have to go to work. Otherwise, I would have nothing to occupy my mind as I waited and waited and waited for your next post... and the continuation of this story.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
No doppelganger for Mrs. HM! My lovely lady-mullet alone distinguishes me. It's reaching Crystal Gayle proportions. The party-in-the-front is far outpaced by the business-in-the-rear. I'm virtually WORKING that mullet!

I think Old Lady was remembering me from her secret smoke break while bringing in carts the previous evening, since I spoke to her about the Halloween display.

***
Sioux,
As you probably have ascertained by now, the next post was a bit anticlimactic. But I AM happy to enable you to relish your work!