Monday, September 12, 2022

I Feel Like It's Their Version Of Auto Bingo

My grilling conversation with Old Lady Checker and Bagger Boy continued on Saturday afternoon, as they quizzed me on whether I'd been there twice that day.

"We need to give you a name tag!" said Old Lady Checker.
 
"I'd wear it. I'll bring in ONE CART a day! But if I'm here twice, I'll bring in two."

"Well, we'd have to give name tags to about 50 people..." said Bagger Boy.
 
"Oh, I used to see the same lady here every day at the lottery machine. I guess I've been coming in later. It's been months since I saw her inside or on the parking lot."
 
"What did she look like?"
 
"Well. I'm going to say she was an old lady, but she might have been younger than ME!"
 
"Did she have black hair?"
 
"No. White hair. She was short and kind of small."
 
"Oh. That might be Brenda."
 
"Maybe. Oh, this ice cream is SO GOOD!"
 
"Yeah. We're addicted. Last time I got the Cherry Cheesecake. My husband likes it. But I didn't see any of that, so I got the Chip Mint, which is my favorite, and this Chocolate Swirl for him to try."
 
"Bagger Boy, I used this ice cream to make myself a chocolate pie. You know, the frozen kind. I cut it into slices to freeze so I wouldn't be tempted."
 
"That wouldn't stop ME! I'd just take out two pieces!"
 
Anyhoo... I guess it's a good thing I wasn't buying anything embarrassing, what with their scrutiny and comments! I feel like they have cards under the counter, with regular customers on them, and they pass the time playing Customer Bingo.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

At least it would be Customer Bingo and not Old Maid...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I think you mean 80-Year-Old Maid!

River said...

Freezing sweet stuff doesn't stop me either. I've been known to nibble around the edges of a defrosting brownie.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I like ice cream, the frozen cream pies, and sometimes cheesecake, but other than that, I could resist the sweet frozen treats. I guess that's really not saying I could resist MUCH!