Saturday, October 7, 2023

Nose Bitten Off, My Face Definitely Feels Spited

Welp! Now I've gone and done it! A couple nights ago, I refused some cheesecake that Farmer H brought home for me from the Senior Center. All because he had been driving it around in A-Cad since noon, and then went to a football game, and arrived home at 9:00. I even shamed him into not eating it, pointing out that I was too lazy to plan his funeral.

On Friday, Farmer H was home by 5:30. He had watched my alma mater's homecoming parade from the Senior Center. It started at 2:00. Then he went for his weekly shot. Then to work on the flip house, since his buddy who hosts the Friday afternoon bull-shooting sessions had something else to do.

"What was lunch today?"

"Fish. The catfish."

"Both kinds of fish there were really good."

"Yeah. They tried to get me to bring home three dinners that people called in and didn't pick up. But I told them, 'I'm not going home right now.'"

Sweet Gummi Mary! It's not like it would have been 9-hour car-fish! I'm sure they would have kept those dinners in the Senior Center refrigerator until after the parade was over. So we're talking three hours max that Farmer H would have been driving them around.

It's not like fried catfish is cheesecake...

4 comments:

River said...

Perhaps you could talk Farmer H into carrying an "esky" or other brand of insulated icebox to keep things cool in the car. Then he could bring home whatever he pleased and it would still be good to eat and to share with you. You have all winter to mention it often enough that he has one by next summer.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, he probably has one in his SUS2, unless he sold them all this summer. We just had our first cold snap, down into the 50s overnight. So the days will cool off, and the food should be okay in the car for a few hours if it's not in the sun.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It is so tiring to have to explain EVERYTHING to them!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Sometimes, I am tempted to let nature take its course, and see if Farmer H is fit enough to survive. Then I consider how much extra work it would be for me if he didn't.