Saturday, October 14, 2023

Steak Day #2 For The Pony

The Pony finished cooking his second steak on Thursday. Looks like he had the leftover pasta, and this time made some garlic toast to go with it.


I see some minced garlic in there, despite the jar of garlic power on the counter.


Those really were some good-looking steaks. I think The Pony just seasoned it with salt and pepper, with garlic and butter in the pan. Real butter for him, not margarine. Kerrygold is his favorite.


"That looks like a really good steak!"

"It was good! Still a bit more done than I wanted, but better than last time. I slept for 12 hours after it."

"Food coma!"

At least The Pony is getting some rest.

4 comments:

River said...

Hah! Food coma, is exactly right. I remember my sons eating everything in sight and sleeping for hours after. The cooking steak looks so delicious, I might try mine that way tomorrow, though I always cut the fat off first. I'm a butter person too.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Like Jack Sprat's wife, I enjoy a good piece of fat, all crispy. The Pony might eat it, or might just eat up to it and leave it. Not sure, without a doggie to feed it to later. No shortage of butter in The Pony's feedbag!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The fat is what gives it the best flavor! I cook ours with the fat on, then cut it off as I eat. The dogs are always happy when we have steak! My dad told me a story about meat fat after he had remarried. His new family was a sizable crew and they all liked to meet and eat out once a week. My step-sister's sone was a very large man and had (has) many health problems related to his eating habits. High blood pressure, pre diabetic and he was a fairly young man in his early 30's. My dad could be a little blunt with folks who refuse to take care of themselves when they serve up a litany of complaints to him. He had restrained himself, being newly in love, but felt free to gossip with me. On one such dinner date with his new family he was seated next to the young man who watched Daddy meticulously carve the fat away, then he asked Daddy if he was going to eat it (like maybe he was saving it for a special treat). Daddy told him "no, of course not" and he asked if he could have it. Daddy was fascinated watching him gobble up the fat. I don't get every scrap of fat off my meat like Daddy did, but I feel a little nauseous at the thought of eating just fat with no meat attached!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I eat the fat along with the meat. But the dogs DO get the gristle and bone, if it's not too dried-out. The way Farmer H and The Pony eat their steaks, there's no chance of the bone being dried out! I have never asked for anyone else's fat... so there's that. I am not an animal!