Saturday, July 20, 2024

My Windfall Is On Its Way

I was getting a bit concerned about my recent win in the lottery drawing. Kept waiting for something in the mail, like a notice, and a promotional form to return. That's what the info on the MOLottery site purported for this contest.

It's been 10 days since I was notified of my win, and nothing has come in the mail. Made me wonder if maybe I needed to do something else. Did they have my address in my account info? Obviously, they have my email. But it's been so long since I made that account, I couldn't remember if it needed an address.

I went back to my email notification, and called the number listed for questions. Waited through a list of six options to get the department I needed. Waited two minutes in silence, not even any muzak to pass my time, and then a woman answered. She was surprisingly polite, from what I've gathered reading other people's experiences on their Facebook page.

"I got an email on July 9th that I won a promotional drawing for the weekly giveaway. I haven't heard anything else. Is there something I need to do to claim my prize?"

"No. It will be mailed to you. It's $300, and will be sent in a **** envelope, from **** company, in **** to **** weeks."

"Okay. That's good to know. So you already have my address in my account information?"

"Yes. We have whatever you entered when you set up your account."

"That's fine. It hasn't changed. Thank you so much for the information."

"You're quite welcome. Congratulations! You have a fantastic weekend!"

"And you, too! Goodbye."

So now I'm not worried any more. My prize is on the way. Or about to be on the way. Or at least in a pile of a few thousand other winners, waiting to be sent out.

Good to know about the mailing details, since I would have been looking for an envelope from the lottery. Don't wanna toss away my windfall, thinking it's junk mail!

4 comments:

Rae said...

I love that your conversation went so well and with someone who was pleasant to talk to. That is a tough commodity now days, it seems. It is always nice when they give you a description of the envelope. On a more unpleasant and unrelated note, I received a letter recently that really looked like junk mail and had I not been told by the funeral director what to look for, I would have sent it through the shredder without much thought. It was a review of their performance, and she was adamant that we please took the time to fill it out, honestly. I'm glad I remembered that despite the fog/fug I had been in at the time. She also was a very pleasant and not pushy type of person and that really stood out in my mind. Ranee (MN)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
I was not expecting such politeness. You know, having myself worked for a state entity, and understanding "public employee" entitledness!

Good for you, recognizing that envelope, and taking time to fill out the paperwork. Politeness goes a long way, especially these days!

River said...

I'm glad the phone call was pleasant and that your prize is on its way. I don't get junk mail, I have a sticker on my mailbox that says "No Junk Mail"

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Wouldn't that be nice! People can put up "No Junk Mail" stickers here until the cows come home, but that won't stop the USPS from delivering it! A lot of their income is paid by the junk mail senders. So everything has to be delivered. They're contracted to do it.

I am eagerly anticipating my prize, even though half of it will immediately go to The Pony.