Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Mrs. HM Makes A Discovery To Rival Her Enlightening That England Is An Island

You learn something every day! Mrs. HM is no exception. Sure, some of you might think she knows it all. Even Farmer H has stated that more than a couple of times! But it's not true! Mrs. HM is always open to learning!

I have been watching the Olympics during the morning hours, when events are happening live in Paris. On my call to The Pony Monday morning, I said I was watching women's gymnastics, the finals of the individual balance beam and floor exercise. The Pony and I decided that I really had nothing to talk about, having just spent an hour at his house on Sunday afternoon. So we hung up, with me planning to text at 7:00, to make sure The Pony didn't fall back asleep. When The Pony didn't respond to that text, I gave a short call.

"I'm up. I just didn't text back. How was your gymnastics?"

"Interesting! Almost every one of them fell off the balance beam! I was just watching the medals. Italy took the gold and bronze. I don't get the Italian national anthem. To me, it just sounded like some generic Renaissance music!"  

Silence.

"Um. Mom...? You DO realize where the Renaissance started, right?"

"Oh. Well. I'm guessing that must have been... ITALY?"

"Yup. Oh, Mother..."

"I was TODAY YEARS OLD when I learned that the Renaissance started in Italy."

2 comments:

River said...

Better late than never I guess. I see the weird comment window has popped up here now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
This weird comment window was here a few days ago for me, and then magically disappeared. I don't know what's going on with BLOGGER. You get what you pay for, I guess!