Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Mansion Is The New Country Mart

After recent disappointments with the big salads at Country Mart, Mrs. HM has decided to take matters into her own hands, and MAKE HER OWN BIG SALAD! Well. For one day, anyway.

I had to go shopping on Monday for bananas. So I picked up some romaine lettuce. This morning (Tuesday) I boiled four eggs. I already have shredded cheddar, home-grown tomatoes, blue cheese dressing, and the bag of fried onions for topping. Of course I don't plan to use all four eggs. Only one. But if it's a success, I might want to do it again, and Farmer H might want one.

What I DON'T have is the big square black plastic container. I don't want my salad on a plate. So I will use a cardboard bowl. I don't want to be poking my fork around in styrofoam, and I don't like a heavy glass bowl. This cardboard bowl is the size of my glass bowls I use when serving the 7 Layer Salad. So not a BIG big salad. But bigger than the small version of the bowl, like I use for a side salad.

Gotta say, I'm really looking forward to supper! Farmer H is having his leftover Domino's ham and mushroom pizza that he missed Monday night by going to the auction. I have an idea for a couple of chicken tenders that I found in the frozen section of 10Box, to accompany my big salad. It should be a decent replica of the big salads I so dearly loved when Country Mart was doing them right.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

6 comments:

Rae said...

It sounds delicious. I'm sure it will be as good, if not even better than Country Mart. Ranee

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Yours will be fresher and probably a lot better!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Yes, though not as easy!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Pictures coming up tomorrow!

River said...

With the added chicken tenders it's dinner fit for a queen.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, and who better to feast on it than the Ruler of Hillmomba!