Saturday, March 7, 2020

Green Is My Favorite Color

I know this is probably the last thing you want to see from me right now. Well. Maybe the next to next to last, after pictures of a Farmer-H-befouled toilet seat, and pictures of Farmer H's toenails needing clipping. Still, I can't help it. I MUST share this image with you. Because I'm a giver like that.


Guess who's the possessor of another $100 winner? That's right! You are such good guessers! It's ME! It is I! Mrs. Hillbilly Mom! Purchased Friday at the Gas Station Chicken Store, by cashing in two $10 winners.

I had planned to buy one of those purple $10 tickets, and take the rest back, to spend elsewhere. But the GSCS was out of the purple ticket! I didn't like the other $10 tickets, but this bright green ticket caught my eye. Green is my favorite color, you know.

Let the record show that Mrs. HM rarely buys a $20 ticket. Not because she's thrifty with her money, but because she hardly ever wins on them. The last ones I bought were at Christmas, for the boys. The last one I bought for myself was probably before Thanksgiving.

Anyhoo...I bought this one on the spur of the moment, while looking in the case as the clerk scanned my winners. I matched five numbers, each a $20 prize, making it a $100 winner.

I'm pretty happy about it. I have no plans to buy any more $20 tickets.

4 comments:

River said...

Okay, now I'm starting to get jealous. I'm GREEN with envy.
Congratulations, maybe the one $20 ticket per year is a good system for you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! I'm GREEN with envy that I didn't think to lead with such a reference! I think this IS a good system for me, since it's the biggest (and almost the only) win I've ever had on a $20 ticket.

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--I have never won anything when it comes to the lottery. Do you think some people are just born lucky?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I believe that some people are born luckIER than others. The Pony has a knack. When he was around 8-10, and would go in the Gas Station Chicken Store with me, I'd let him point to which ticket(s) we should get. He had a good win rate. Genius, not so much.

My grandma (Mom's mom) used to win at bingo all the time! Farmer H has the same luck you do. Heh, heh! You two are so similar...