Monday, March 16, 2020

The Pony And Genius Are Uprooted, Yet Not

The Pony's spring break is this week. Looks like it might be a little longer than he planned. Not that he's coming home, of course! That's not his style. The slow internet is the kicker. Anyhoo, The Pony sent me a text on Thursday.

"It's official. OU is going to virtual classes after break, until at least April 3."

"So will you have to move out of your university apartment?"

"No. It's not closing campus, and even when campus as a whole is closed the dorms and housing are usually open."

"Okay. What about your research?"

"It's not closing campus. Research and faculty stuff still goes on just fine."

"Well, this is the best scenario for you."

The Pony has been studying for tests. Trying to decipher some professor notes. It's all greek to me. My advice was: "Find a word you know. See how the letters are formed, and try to match them up elsewhere." Hope I'm not telling any tales out of school by releasing this!



Genius also sent me a text. On Friday morning. His are rarer than The Pony's.

"Guess who's working from home until April."

"I just posed that question in the letter I wrote you last night!"

"Well sorry to spoil your surprise then lol."

"Hope you don't go stir crazy in your new home office."

"It's been two days and I already have cabin fever!"

Heh, heh. It's kind of nice, being RETIRED, so not in school, not at work. Nothing is going to disrupt my routine. Unless it has to do with toilet paper.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I hear that your favorite diet soda is the key ingredient for a homemade hand sanitizer--only the fountain variety, however.

Already cities are reporting shortages...

River said...

We don't have to be self-isolating ourselves just yet, although it's probably a good idea. I do know that if I have to stay home and not go anywhere at all for a couple of weeks I'll just spend my time internetting and sleeping. Nothing else will get done.
I can make out a few words in The Pony's text but not many so the whole thing doesn't make sense. To me. It probably does to him.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
NOOOO! I'll be on YouTube denying others a single drop.

***
River,
The Pony said he understood! Also, they had their first reported case on HIS CAMPUS on Monday! Campus is closed, but not housing.