Friday, March 13, 2020

Third Infraction Comes To Light, I Hope You Were Able To Sleep Last Night.

Let's hope that curiosity didn't kill you cats! I know waiting overnight to hear the rest of a story is not something you would choose, but contrary to popular opinion, there IS a limit to odd things I can blog about.

I stopped at Country Mart with a list. One item was DELI, and I went hog wild with the chicken tenders, BBQ pork steak, and also a pre-packaged baked chicken. Farmer H still had hot dogs left, but I told him later he could eat them for lunch the next day, or I'd throw them BACK on the porch boards for the dogs to eat. Anyhoo...we're set for a few meals.

Also on my list were Bounce for the laundry, tomatoes, sweet Vidalia-style onions (they were OUT), solid white albacore tuna, Ritz crackers, and chips. I stuck to my list.

As usual, I grouped my items at the checkout for how I wanted them bagged. You know, cold with cold, soft with soft, etc. Except I didn't have anything cold or very soft. Save the tomatoes. My main goal was to get that box of Bounce put in with the two cans of tuna. Bounce if quite fragrant, you know.

I'll be darned if that friendly little checker gal didn't sneak my Bounce into the bag with my Ritz crackers! Sweet Gummi Mary! I know the Ritzs are wrapped and in a box, but they're just the kind of item and wrapping that will let such a strong fragrance through. When I got out to T-Hoe, I took my Ritz out and set them aside. At every other stop, T-Hoe REEKED of Bounce fragrance every time I opened the door.

I guess that little gal hasn't had much experience with Bounce.

Don't cut her a break and say she was only putting boxes with boxes! The baked chicken went into a bag alone, because it had liquid in the bottom of the container, and I asked for that. Who's meek NOW, huh? Not Mrs. HM.

The foam BBQ pork steak and the foam chicken tender boxes went into a bag together. The chips went together. But then she put my FOUR TOMATOES ON THE STEM in a bag with two giant cans of tuna, and the Ritz, and the Bounce! Seriously? Is there a shortage of plastic bags?

I really hate to do this to you...but a NEW infraction was discovered since the original two-part story. Of course, it will have to wait until tomorrow...

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You hated doing that to us?

No, you did not hate it. You enjoyed the heck out of it.

My PITA went to Costco today, and there was someone at the door saying over and over, "No toilet paper, no paper towels." People be crazy here.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Okay, maybe I didn't actually HATE it. Maybe I begrudgingly subjected you to it. Perhaps didn't give a second thought to making you wait for a third day. ALL RIGHT! I might have taken great pleasure in delaying the delivery of the finale!

The craziness has come to Hillmomba. Story coming up...after the next one.

River said...

So you were brave enough to ask for the chicken to go into a bag on its own, but not brave enough to say where you wanted the Bounce and the tomatoes. I guess one out of three is progress. Keep trying, you'll get those checkers trained.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
To be fair, I did not see where she put the Bounce and tomatoes, since I was setting that watery chicken in the bottom of the cart, making sure not to tip it. I never saw the tomatoes until I got home, and wondered what was left in the bottom of the bag. I DID see the Bounce in with the Ritz as I put that bag in my cart, but I was in the midst of jamming my debit card into the reader with the other hand, and did not pursue the argument.

Yes, I AM making progress. My arm is sore from patting myself on the back!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sounds like you either need to stop shopping at that store, or bag your own groceries. We bagged our own at most stores in Minnesota. I liked it as I always had "zones" in my cart and put them on the belt the way I wanted to bag them. And I could use paper and double bag the heavy stuff.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I don't mind boxing my own groceries at Save A Lot. The problem there is that they toss things in the cart all willy-nilly, smashing stuff, before I get it over to the bagging counter.

Usually, the checker here will kind of (maybe subconsciously) get the hint, and bag them in the order I have put them on the belt. Other times, they have that young whippersnapper attitude of knowing it all, and deliberately move stuff around.