Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The Universe Never Tires Of Conspiring Against HM

I don't ask for much. Just the simple necessities of life. That the soda fountain at the Gas Station Chicken Store have Diet Coke. That T-Hoe keeps air in all four tires. That I don't sit in poop on my toilet seat. And that a TV dinner contain the items shown on the box.

Like the Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes, Corn, and Cinnamon Apple Dessert.

Image result for tv dinner salisbury steak mashed potatoes corn apples
I know it doesn't come on red plates. I know it doesn't look that appetizing. But I DO expect my frozen dinner to contain the items shown.


SERIOUSLY????

Where are my apples? It's almost as if somebody ate them before the tray was slid into the cardboard box! There was nothing that spilled out. The box was more bare than the deli counter at Country Mart at 2:30 on a Monday afternoon! Which we all know is almost as bare as Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard.

That's ALL the apples I got! And one of them isn't even an apple! It's a corn kernel!

I don't have a solution for this. I can't open up every boxed Banquet TV dinner in the store freezer, to make sure I get what I pay for.

4 comments:

River said...

Look on the packaging for the company website and email them with that image included. It's possible that particular tray went through the filling station just as the apple machine ran out so all you got was the last squirt of cinnamon sauce.
Emailing the company will let them know someone needs to keep a closer eye on things in that area.
They may even send you a gift voucher for a replacement. Unless that only happens here.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
If only I'd taken a picture, or torn off the end flap of the box, with the expiration date and packaging code! Then they'd know which facility did it, and the date, and probably the shift. Unfortunately, Farmer H took out that bag of trash, because today was the day our dumpster gets dumped.

I've gotten coupons before, from Swanson's canned chicken, because I bit into a bone. I sent them the actual bone! In a baggie inside the envelope. I wish I'd sent Peter Pan the twig I found in their jar of Peanut Butter. That was a busy time, when the kids were young and I was getting up at 4:50 a.m. for work.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yes you can. You CAN open the Banquet boxes. The only reason you could NOT was if you got caught.

Do it fast. Do it furtively. Do it often.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
You are a bad influence, Madam! Next time, you might encourage me to steal a dog out of a back yard while in disguise.

I thought of you today, while watching "Steel Magnolias" for the first time, and seeing your doppelganger playing Ouiser. Which I think of as Weezer. That character reminded me so much of you, it was uncanny! Even had a DOG that she seemed attached to.