Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Dainty Hummingbird Stomach Of Farmer H

Saturday evening, I prepared a Devil's Playground deli flatbread pizza for Farmer H's supper, before he left for the auction. They're fast. Suitable pre-auction fare. Not likely to give him digestive problems. Even though he likes the pepperoni version, which I abhor.

This pizza is on extremely thin crust. It crisps up nicely on my holey pan, to cracker consistency. The toppings are not overly abundant. They're just right. Goldilocks herself would approve.

Anyhoo...I was sitting on the short couch conversing with Farmer H while he ate his pizza in the La-Z-Boy, watching the end of The Replacements, a football movie about rejects with Keanu Reeves, bemoaning the fact that none of his building shows were on PBS. Farmer H set his plate aside, and said:

"Whew! That's the first time I ever ate the whole thing. I usually only eat half."

"That is such a lie! I cut it in four pieces, and you usually eat three. Besides, you've eaten the whole thing before. I don't know how you can think that fills you up! You can eat SIX pieces of Casey's pizza, with the doughy crust and about two pounds of cheese!"

"Well, yeah. I can eat CASEY'S pizza..."

I don't know what Farmer H's angle is here. That flatbread pizza is NOT going to fill up his bottomless stomach. In fact, he was SO VERY FULL that he immediately got up and went to the kitchen to fetch a Krispy Kreme donut for dessert!

It wouldn't surprise me if he also had a snack at the auction...

4 comments:

River said...

Pizza and a Krispy Kreme? over at jenny_o's (The Procrastinating Donkey)I saw cream puffs. Why are you all torturing me? I have to diet and lose 20kg (44 pounds)
I hope the Casey's pizzas really DON'T have two pounds of cheese.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I AM sorry for torturing you! Next post will do the same, though the item is not generally considered a delicacy. In fact, it might put you OFF your appetite after reading!

Casey's pizza is covered in thick cheese. I haven't weighed it. Kampground Kathy could verify the cheesiness of Casey's delicious pizza.

I NEED to lose 44 pounds. It's not going to lose itself...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You are right about the cheese on Casey's pizza. Too bad we are restricted from Casey's pizza. I am now leaving salt by the wayside and embracing the heart healthy diet of HeWho. Can't have hot dogs either. This diet sucks!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, they are both loaded with salt. I can easily give up hot dogs, but I love my Casey's pizza. Back when Farmer H was actually observing a low-carb diet for his diabetes, he'd peel the topping off the crust. It STILL looked like a regular slice of pizza! So thick!