Sunday, March 22, 2020

What We Have Here Is A Failure To Entitlementate

You're not gonna believe this one! Not after two days hearing about the entitled weirdos drawn to Mrs. HM's weirdo magnet. Nope. It was a miracle. One for the records. One for the calendar.

Saturday, I went to Save A Lot for romaine lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, tortillas, paper plates, TV dinners, and hot dog buns. Yes. The last two were for Farmer H. Anyhoo...you'd have thought it was the day before Thanksgiving! The long narrow parking lot was full! As I drove around to come up the other side, a car backed out, and I got a space. Yay, me!

As you might imagine, the self-bagging counter along the front window was full of people after I paid. Again, somebody left, so I got their spot. I had a sturdy box, but wasn't sure if I'd have overflow and need a bag. They're on stands along the counter. I parked my cart near one, but not in front of it.

As I was boxing, a man pushed his cart right next to mine.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ma'am. Were you using these bags? I don't mean to get in your way."

"No. I think I'm fine with the box. You're not bothering me."

"Well, if you need a bag, just ask, and I'll hand one over to you."

WHAT IN THE NOT-HEAVEN???

How did I find a nice, polite guy in Save A Lot? Let the record show, he looked like Dr. Mark Greene, from ER.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

A little Cool Hand Luke, eh?

Maybe you need a pair of those mirror sunglasses, like the prison employee in the movie, so when you encounter some good manners, they will reflect right back on the person, allowing them to bask in the glow of something strange these days--civility.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I DO need a pair of any sunglasses, since my pair for A-Cad disappeared! I suspect those thieving neighbor boys!

River said...

Boy did you get lucky, spaces opened up AND you got a good looking potential helper. I remember ER and Dr Mark Greene, played by Anthony Edwards.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I loved that show and Dr. Mark Green! But do not accept a bag from someone! I would be reaching under the top bag and snatching it off. Or wear gloves. Do I sound paranoid? I am as the virus keeps traveling closer to us, a new case only 27 miles away ….

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, it was a good day! ER remains one of my favorite shows. I have most of the DVD sets.

***
Kathy,
We had a case 5 miles away. A block from the dead mouse smelling post office! I don't blame your paranoia.