Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The UN-Bandage Pessimist

Sweet Gummi Mary! There's no pleasin' that man! I left the bandage off my egg-sized two-week-old blister on Monday. Just patted it dry after a shower, put a smidgen of triple antibiotic ointment on the dime-sized raw spot, and let it breathe. My pants were off it most of the day, the leg of my striped sweatpants pulled up.

I could show you pictures, but you don't wanna see THAT. Oh, wait! I CAN'T show you pictures, because they're on my phone that died. More on that over at my other blog.

Anyhoo... when I ascended from my dark basement lair, leaving the comfort of my underdesk heater to make supper, I stopped by the La-Z-Boy to flaunt my returning-to-health leg.

"See? Doesn't it look better?"

Silence.

"WELL?"

"Huh. I don't know if I'd say it looks better. It doesn't look any worse."

"Oh, come ON! That raw spot is almost completely healed over. The whole thing was raw when you were putting on my bandage, and telling me to leave it off!"

"Well. Maybe it's a little better than it was..."

I swear! It's almost as if Farmer H WANTS my leg to rot off!

7 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

He wasn't paying attention the entire time!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I doubt he was paying attention THIS time! He sat up on the edge of the La-Z-Boy, as if he was really interested, but didn't even turn on the LIGHT! I had just shut the living room miniblinds against the setting sun, and my leg was even in the shade of the residual sunset glow.

Sioux Roslawski said...

If there was a pair of boobs on your blister, or if it was oozing beer, THEN he'd pay attention. Otherwise, like the typical man, he's not interested.

You expect waaay too much.

River said...

I wouldn't bother even showing him anymore since he clearly isn't interested in anything he hasn't done himself.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
OR if I had a gun tattoo there!

***
River,
Too late! I offered him a look a few minutes ago, and I didn't even hear him shift in his La-Z-Boy. I'm sure reruns of Oak Island were more important.

Sioux Roslawski said...

An iphone? I'm not tech-savvy enough for one of those... Good luck.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
All I have to say about THAT, Madam, is NEITHER AM I! Genius is a long-distance arm-twister. He DID have a point, about another android like the Samsung Galaxy A50 being just as foreign from my LG Nexus 7 as an iPhone would be. In fact, The Pony has a Samsung Galaxy FANCY phone, and I couldn't make heads or tails of it when he got.

As Genius pointed out (he should have been a politician, that one), at least he could talk me through an iPhone problem, but would have no clue on a Samsung without looking it up.