Friday, April 24, 2020

You'd Think I'd Be Happy Just To Be OUT

Well, you'd think wrong! At first I WAS happy to be out. Then I put T-Hoe in line at the bank. There are only three drive-thru lanes. The right lane had the red CLOSED light on. The middle lane had the green OPEN light on. The left lane didn't seem to have either.

One car was ahead of me. In park, turned off. That's okay. I do that myself. I got in line behind it. A red car came up behind me to also wait. Well! I suppose the tellers were inside watching their soap operas, waiting for a commercial before serving customers. There was no activity in the car ahead of me. She wasn't filling out anything, or sending anything through the tube, or talking to the speaker. Just waiting.

I responded to a text from The Pony. Yes, I DO know that Dairy Queen now has biscuits with their chicken tender meal. I fiddled with the radio. Checked T-Hoe's clock eleventy-billion times. After 10 minutes, I heard the vacuum tube, and the canister came out. The lady took her stuff and left. MY TURN!

All I needed was a withdrawal. I sent in the slip. I don't know why it takes five minutes to count out a few bills. It's not like they had to warm up the printing press.

Fifteen minutes at the bank drive-thru, with only one person ahead of me.

Good thing I didn't take my four Series EE savings bonds to redeem... I might still be sitting there.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I usually have a book with me, so I can read when I'm stopped at the railroad tracks, or stuck in line at the bank, or... you get the idea.

I think the tellers took so long because they have to sanitize each bill before putting it in their drawer. Watching soap operas and waiting for a commercial?

Slander!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Oh, so YOU'RE the car in front of me that needs honking to get moving at the green light!

If they're sanitizing, they need a little UV cabinet, like we used for the science lab goggles. 60 seconds, and they're done! Of course, it didn't scrub any fingerprints off the goggles, but nothing could live on there to sicken you. It had longer settings, too. I guess to double-kill stuff...

River said...

Perhaps the woman ahead of you was cleaning out her account and it took that long to count all the cash. We don't have drive through banking here, only fast food places have drive throughs.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Maybe. She must have been getting it in one-dollar bills! We have drive-thru everything! I now have to get my prescriptions refilled through the window of my pharmacy.