Friday, April 2, 2021

I Hope The Pony Doesn't Have To Unstrap The Old Feedbag For "Refunding"

A couple times a week, The Pony eschews my FREE freezer-food concoctions, and cooks for himself. It's almost always pasta, though he HAS made a foray into FRIG II's freezer for chicken strips and fish portions that do not lend themselves to a meal for three.
 
The Pony prefers to eat his daily meal around midday. Usually when I'm gone to town, or he starts preparing it as soon as I descend to my lair. Wednesday, I could tell when I left the garage that The Pony's meal was done.
 
"I bet you could smell the garlic all the way down at the mailboxes!"
 
"You know I like garlic. You should be glad I'm doing my part to keep the neighborhood vampire-free!"
 
Just one more service The Pony offers. Vampire-Be-Gone.
 
"You actually smell the garlic bread I made to go with my pasta. If I get sick later, it's because the bread might have been moldy. I used the Steak Rolls--"
 
"Are THEY still in there? I bet it's been a month since I bought them!"
 
"They were only expired a few days. They looked all right to me. But when I was wrapping up the bag to put it away, I saw mold on one! The one right next to one I ate."
 
 
There it is. Top left. I can barely see it, but upon closer inspection in real life, that's MOLD, baby! Pity The Pony didn't use his flaring nostrils to take a whiff of the rolls first. Surely he's inherited Farmer H's gene for sniffing out mold.
 
Maybe the feedbag being strapped on too tight has caused him to lose such a talent.

4 comments:

River said...

With all that garlic, a little mould won't hurt The Pony. You know garlic is Nature's antibiotic, don't you?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I did NOT know that! No wonder The Pony is healthy as a HORSE! I'll file that knowledge in my mental library, next to England Is An Island.

Sioux Roslawski said...

You know garlic (when it's packed into a pony's feedbag) is society's natural repellant to fillies, don't you?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Heh, heh! That gave me a snort! I DID know that. At least he won't be having a dalliance with a vampire.