Sunday, April 11, 2021

With A Knick Knack Paddy Whack Give A Dog A Bun, This Old Man Sucks All The Fun

My dogs could have had a delicious treat on Saturday. The potatoes and carrots that had been steeping in the bacon fat since LAST Saturday. The only problem is the bacon fat. According to Farmer H, I am prohibited from putting such a treat on the porch, because it will stain the wood for a week or so.

Sweet Gummi Mary! If he had treated the porch wood with sealer like he professed to be doing on his little scooter thingy with his paint-by-numbers brush... I don't think the bacon grease would soak in. Maybe I could try serving it to each of them on a plate the next day, when winds shouldn't be 35 mph. Then I could pick up the plates as soon as they were done. So Jack wouldn't eat them.

Anyhoo... my dogs had to be treated with a hot dog bun apiece, one day from expiration. I could have given them more, but maybe Farmer H would want a hot dog...

Anyhoo... last week in Country Mart, I saw some kiddie pools. Little plastic colorful kiddie pools, maybe 3-4 feet in diameter. I told Farmer H about them.

"Country Mart has little plastic swimming pools! I bet Jack would love one of those in the yard. You know how he likes the water."

"He'd just chew it up."

"Not at first. Remember how he loved that little dish tub when he was a pup?"
 

 

"He chews up everything."

Well. Jack DOES have a chewing issue. But if he was splashing in the water, I don't think he'd chew. Farmer H is a fun-sucker.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Have you ever played with Jack and a hose? Radar goes crazy when the hose goes on... He enjoys the sprinkler, too.

River said...

Remember those kiddie pools shaped like a giant clam with a hinged lid that closed down? If I had space I'd get one of those and cut an opening in the lid for Lola, then fill it with kitty litter, then close the lid so she can't scratch and kick that stuff all over the closed-in back porch every time she uses it. I'm fed up with sweeping it all up every day and dumping it back into her tray, which does have a lid but the swinging door entrance is broken off so it's just a gap.
I think you should get a kiddie pool for Jack.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
No, our hose is HOSES, hooked together to about 80-100 feet, to reach from the outside well spout thingy to POOLIO. But when Farmer H starts filling POOLIO for the summer, I might sneak out the basement door and call Jack around for some spraying.

***
River,
I remember, but I never had one. That would be a good use for you and Lola. She's just doing what cats are made to do. I guess you are made to sweep up after her. :)

It will take more "suggestions" to Farmer H. Until he starts thinking it's HIS idea.